“We had a great time !”

Crucero Bahia Alegre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bay tour with us and discover the beautiful Marietas Islands, knows his magic and splendor, makes the activities and live a wonderful experience.
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We got the tickets for this excursion for free through a timeshare presentation and I have to say it was worth it. We enjoyed it from start to finish. We snorkeled, we swam, we had a delightful lunch (free) on the beach of this bay. Drinks we're free & plentiful on the boat while to & from our destination. The crew of the Alegre Bahia were great and entertaining. There were no pressures of any kind. They also offered other excursions while on this excursion. We opted to hang out on the beach while others went horse back riding in the mountains. All in all it was a fun excursion that ended with karaoke on the way back. I'm not sure but I hear that this excursion is relatively inexpensive. But i definitely recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Crucero Bahia Alegre

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Left port at 10:00am'ish. Boat was in very good condition with four heads and lots of shaded areas to sit in.

A lovely ride down the coast past P.V. towards Los Arcos providing great views of the coast. Snorkeling at Los Arcos was pretty good, not like Hawaii but we saw a fair number of different types of fish. Water was warm enough to stay in as long as you wanted. Mask and snorkel provided, bring a towell. Nice touch was the fresh water to rinse of with.

Then you're given a choice of going directly to the beach (Las Animas?) or going to the waterfall and then to the beach (two different locations). At the beautiful beach where the trail to the waterfall begins you can choose to ride a horse (150 pesos?) or walk (30 minutes on a very good trail, maybe 700' of elevation gain). Pretty impressive 50' waterfall with a nice pool to swim in. When you first get to the river near the end of the trail ( after crossing it twice at the beginning) you will see a smaller 6' waterfall, that is also a very nice place to swim.

After getting back on the boat and going to Las Animas you are served lunch - which was pretty basic and a medium size portion, but fine. Big eaters may want to bring snacks, lots of weak cocktails, beer, soda and water are provided on the boat, but no food except at lunch. You pay for your drinks at lunch.

On the way back the skipper went way out of the direct route back in an effort to find whales and he succeeded. We saw three or four Humpbacks, one of them "spyhopped" about one eighth of a mile away and several others did the full dive where the tail flukes are displayed - absolutely fantastic.

They did some kind of a karaoke thing with the young kids aboard and they seemed to really enjoy that.

The crew was very friendly and provided excellent service.

We were very fortunate to have only had about 75 guests on board, it would not have been as enjoyable if there had been 200.

Back at port around 5:30pm.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Overall this excursion was pretty terrible. The boat ride itself was fun and hanging out on the beach for 3 hours was the best part. The snorkeling was soooo bad. I saw only a few fish. The water is murky and you can barely see the ocean floor. They only let you out there for about 20-30 mins. We opted out of the horseback riding or other activities that you had to pay for. We hung out on Las Animas beach for a long time. It was stinking hot...some people played beach volleyball while others hung out in the ocean. The lunch was decent...not very filling but it was yummy.
The most horrible part was the ride back....everyone by then was pretty wasted and they started up karaoke and really loud music. Oh also the guide pretty much only spoke Spanish so we never knew what was going on. The music and drunken crowd was very annoying. They say if you want more quiet, to go on the top, but it was way too windy to sit up there. People were absolutely plastered. Not my scene. The hosts weren't that friendly either.
TIP: if you do end up on this excursion BRING A TOWEL!! They don't supply you with them.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

i was scared to go snorkeling and just swam, my daughter let me borrow her mask and i regretted that i didnt take my own. The food at the island was good but the quantity was extremely low. If you go, bring some bread, if you throw the bread in the water, fishes will swim right up to the boat and you will be able to see them. The horse ride was fun but dangerous, the road was narrow and very steep, the horses dont exactly listen and follow directions, the owners dont understand english so you cant talk to them. i nearly fell of the bridge and into the waterfall bacause there is just a cardboard walk way and strings. The water on the island was fantastic and swimable, clear and calm. The way back there was dancing and entertainment . Fun trip

Reviewed July 25, 2012

To start off, we were told we had to be at the Maritime Terminal at 9:00am. After checking in, we were told that we were to be on the boat at 10:00am. After the hour long wait, we were finally on the boat only to wait at least another half hour for the rest of the guests who arrived late.

The boat was completely packed with plastic chairs leaving little to no legroom.

We were told beforehand that the tour was to be given in both Spanish and English. The MC BARELY spoke any English and we had to resort to asking the other guests what was being said. The MC spoke English fairly well but did not seem to bother with informing non-local guests. This was probably the worst aspect of the tour as we were expecting to be informed about the islands we were traveling to.

The bartender was probably the worst one out of the crew. When my father asked for a specific drink, the bartender responded rudely and did not bother to offer another drink similar to the one my father asked for. Another incident was when my girlfriend and I were at the front of the bottom deck along with other guests and the bartender himself came up and asked the guests if they wanted anything to drink. There were not many other people at the front and he completely ignored us. My girlfriend had to go up to the bar herself and still did not get served. Lastly, I wanted to ask for a cup of ice as the water jug had gone warm and I wanted something cold. It was fairly busy at the bar but as the crowd went away, I was still standing by the bar and the bartender continued to serve guests who came up to the bar WAY AFTER I had shown up.

As far as the food goes, snacks were not included on the boat, only drinks. For lunch, they took us to a beach where we ate at a restaurant, but only the food was included. They didn't even include water or juice with our meal. We had to purchase beverages.

Honestly, there were 3 of us total and we all felt as if the crew was a little bit racist just because we didn't speak Spanish. They were engaging with the rest of the local guests just not us. It made us feel quite uncomfortable. This crew was unfriendly and not very service oriented. Although the activities were so much fun......I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

1  Thank Jessy L