We just spent 8 days in Vallarta at the Amaca Hotel. The hotel is in a good location close to the beach (about 5-7 min walk down), shops, and all the interesting sights. It is located up the hill so be prepared for about 112 stair steps up from the beach. The best about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff, the beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains from our room, and the small pool on the roof with ocean view. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there are plenty of eating places just nearby. It's also a clean, safe, and very gay-friendly hotel. Plus, the hammock in every room's balcony is a great way to relax and enjoy the view.
A few points that could be improved though:
- the wi-fi internet connection is not strong enough to reach our room on the 3rd floor so we had to go down the reception level for internet access.
- not enough clothes hangers and no closet in the room.
- it would be nice to add a small table on the balcony next to the hammock to have a place for drinks.
- have maps of the town, tourist guides, gay guides, etc. at the reception level for first-time guests.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Amaca Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.