Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews villa group one bedroom suite sales pitch no elevator king bed close to the airport beach area palmar concierge pools flamingos vacation kitchenette mago pv deli presentation
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Further to my earlier review about the lack of management response to issues around the ‘reserving of pool chairs/tables/loungers’. I wasted an hour of my time talking to the ‘duty manager’ who ‘said’ she would talk to the GM who couldn’t be bothered getting back to us. At 6:45 am when we were headed to the gym - about 75% of the chairs were already reserved (towels and books in that they swipe from the library w no intent to read When we came out of gym just after 8:00 fully 90% were ‘reserved’ with only 3 people occupying. Well —- hard as it is to believe - it actually got worse yesterday. We managed to find a couple of loungers near some folks from the island we have met here before. Lying in the sun enjoying —- then a couple comes over (that are part of the adjoining resort with their own pools etc) plunks down in 2 loungers and proceeds to put up the umbrella putting me in complete shade. I laughed (initially) and politely said ‘hey - please put the umbrella down as we’re enjoying the sun” He turns around and says well I suggest YOU move them as we want the shade and the umbrella is here”. I told him he could move the umbrella and we would both have what we wanted. He refused. Ok — NOW IM MAD! I got up & started lowering the umbrella and he grabs me and puts arm across to prevent my being able to reach. Oh boy - bad idea - all I saw was my brothers strong arming me the same way. I just kept at it. Now his wife is trying to get him to leave (he won’t) and now Rod gets up and says “if you touch my wife again you’re taking a trip into the pool” The guy calls him ‘an old fat guy’ and says it’s the last thing he’d ever do. OMG - isn’t worth dying over. Then they left but I was shaking. I did write up on Trip Adviser about the day previously (before this happened) (it has since ‘disappeared’) We see our dentists tomorrow morning - I could almost come home after that except that once again ‘they win’

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Tobi17
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Mar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

Reviewed July 23, 2019

I purchased over $20.00 in post cards and postage to send back to the states to my family during my travels to Puerto Vallarta and my stay at the Villa Del Palmar. I approached my concierge who directed me to someone else and I was a little thrown off by this as she should have personally handled this matter. Instead, she referred me to the front desk to depart with my postcards.

I have been home over 30 days at this point and not one of my postcards have made their way to any state destination. I have reached out to the hotel on several occasions with no success. I have even escalated this matter to the manager who has yet to return any of my calls. I was told the hotel doesn't offer this service...then why the hell did the concierge refer me to the front desk and why would the front desk take my post cards if they were not going to mail them? I am perturbed and I want my postcards. If they do not offer the service to mail the cards, why was I directed to the front desk and why would the front desk accept my post cards? Obviously, they have not been mailed and I would like for Villa Palmar to reimburse me for those post cards or send my post cards off via USPS as they have the correct postage.

I am livid and disappointed with the lack of urgency this matter has received and I still can't believe that no one has returned my call.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank -25Summersandcountin
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Mar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Reviewed July 21, 2019

I waited a few days after I got home to provide a fair review. I will start with the many great things. They are located next to " La Isla Shopping Center" and only 10 min away (walking) from a super market. My room was clean and I had access to two different balconies. They have 3 pools and direct access to the beach. They also have activities every afternoon around the pool for the kids. We had a bad storm on my last night and a lot of water came in from both balconies sliding doors, I called room service right away to report it and nobody came to the room. My family and I had to deal with the excessive water and had to clean it with towels and to move furniture around. We did not get a single visit or even a call to check on us, were just forgotten. When you pay almost $300 dlls a night you expect some kind of service for such emergencies.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kiurp
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Mar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took for express your comments about your stay.
I sincerely regret that your satisfaction was affected by room. It is important for us to identify opportunities for improvement in order to sustain our exceptional service. I would greatly appreciate you giving me the opportunity to address this matter with you directly so that you can share the details of your experience in order for us to work towards a solution. I have shared my email address with you, please be so kind to contact me hence I can follow – up accordingly.

We would be honored to transform your negative experience into a memorable stay.

The management

Reviewed June 30, 2019

Friendly staff!!! Victor at front Desk is Great!!!! Carlos always helps us get our bags to the room and greets us upon arrival Monse!!! Monse!!! Our favorite activity girl!!! This resort is close to Malecon(10 minute cab) walking distance to Market ; Food Park across street; La Madelina restaurant shirt walk ; newer mall close walk too. Resort is older than Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta (we like that too!) But gives you the Old Vallarta feel

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jeffreys452
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Mar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing words, for your time and dedication to write your experience, we strive to exceed your expectations and making sure that you feel better than home.

We will pass on your words of praise to those that were involved in helping to insure that all were happy with this vacation and let them know that their efforts are very appreciated.

We look forward to being of service to you and yours in the future when you come home once again.

Reviewed April 21, 2019

We were offered this trip in a vacation package and our expectations weren't that high but to my amazement our stay was absolutely fabulous!!! Our room was perfect for two middle aged folks, king bed with a kitchenette, and the best part was, our room looked out onto the bay. The food was great and the drinks were pretty awesome too. Our cups didn't remain empty for long thanks to the wonderful staff. I would definitely go to the resort again and not think twice about it. Thank you Villa del Mar for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArkyViv
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Mar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.