$568
$162
$139
$100
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$213
$183
$419
$172
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$411
$270
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewstime sharebooked villaone bedroom suitepools and hot tubshospitality roomcleaned every dayfull kitchenupon checkchecking inthird floortennis courtswater aerobicsno graciasactivities staffmexican fiestaclose to the airportspring break
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

Thankfully my family and I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, but it is safe to say I will not be returning to this hotel again. The treatment from the receptionists was hostile at times, and when you ask for wifi they hit you with a "10 dollar at night" fee to use it, ridiculous. Of course I did not pay for the wifi, and beware! After the looooong check in process there will be someone waiting for you to tell you all about the services that are available at the hotel, we understand that is their job so we politely told the lady that we were very tired from the trip and just wanted to shower so we could go eat cause we were starving, long story short she nagged and followed us and told us it would only take 2 minutes... 15 minutes later I had a headache from all the unnecessary questions she was asking us.
We finally get into our room and it is spacious and pretty, BUT the sheets had a lot of stains, I will post a picture after this review.
Also note that the jacuzzi is not hot every night, most nights it is only lukewarm even after you ask the staff if they can heat it.
It wasn't a terrible experience but it wasn't the relaxing place we want during a vacation.

Stayed: February 2017
4  Thank karmargott
Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

I got a really great price for this resort on Bookit.com so I feel like I got my monies worth. First the good....

The resort overall is very nice, the staff is friendly and we loved having a kitchenette in our studio.
The gym was probably one of the better gyms we've seen in a resort.
We ate at the nice Mexican restaurant on site and it was very good, trio of sopes for an appetizer, stuffed flank steak and chicken mole.
They put us in the worst building closest to the street (I'm guessing that's because of the price I paid). But that is also the building with the little market which was nice. If you order some coffee or a meal, you can get the wifi code for free to use while you're in there. Another huge plus was it was very convenient to step outside and grab a bus. And the big supermarket is a block away. Great prices.

Now the not so good...

Because of the location, the noise was so bad in the morning, tons of trucks and buses going over grates in the street. Bring earplugs!

No room safe!! We always had to take our valuables with us or try to hide it in the room..bummer

There were used room service plates outside of our door for 2 days (not ours) and no one ever picked them up. We eventually took them downstairs and put them on top of a trash can because we tired of looked at somebody's gross leftovers.

Every morning there were towels on every lounge chair and not a person around for hours...really annoying. There were a lot of retirees there and they pretty much act like they own the place.

They tried to charge me an additional $25 when I checked in but I said no and showed them my invoice "paid in full", and they eventually let it go. We realized later that must've been the back of house fee of $3.50/day that they try to charge people. That is ridiculous! Just set your nightly rates to include those charges, and don't play to people's sympathy to get them to pay your employees salaries. No one should ever pay that fee!

Overall, we still had a nice time at the resort and we really enjoyed Puerto Vallarta.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hhogelund
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We spent our Christmas eve and day at the Villa del Mar, which is connected to the Palmar. I have stayed at the Palmar at least 5 times and enjoyed every time.
My husband and I were meeting family in Puerto Vallarta for the holidays, and Alaska Airlines screwed up our flights and we had to go a day early. I contacted the Villa group looking for a single night stay. Unable to put me in the Palmar, they had a night available at the del Mar. The 2 hotels are connected and we had an amazing Christmas eve dinner at the poolside restaurant. We were also able to enjoy all the beautiful decorations. Not able to check into the house rented for the family until 3pm, we were able to check our bags and have a relaxing afternoon at the resort. Again a great visit to a villa group hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank siskim
Reviewed December 19, 2016

We have been to this resort for about 24 years, but hadn't been there for 5 years. We
Went in Dec 2016 with family and celebrated my birthday. The staff were great and
Good to see old friends Ruel, Joel, Miguel and Carlos. Claudia was great and saw
That we had rooms close together, and went above and beyond to help celebrate
My birthday. Birthday cake, balloons galore and great singing from the staff.
It would be nice if they had free internet for guests in the room. We did frequent the
Deli and used the Internet there. The beds were very comfortable and very clean.
Veronica and Olga were great maids and always saw to all our needs. We will be
Back to this resort for sure..

Room Tip: Close to grocery stores and casino..
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank glassal2016
Reviewed December 1, 2016

This is not horrible but it is getting a bit tired. Grounds are always kept clean and staff is always helpful. Beds and fixture needs some help tho. I would stay here again but only as a short visit if I need an overnighter in PV

Room Tip: Grounds are always kept up. Buy a matteress pad at the dept store. beds tend to be horrible
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple