$568
$162
$139
$100
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$213
$183
$419
$172
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$411
$270
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewstime sharebooked villaone bedroom suitepools and hot tubshospitality roomcleaned every dayfull kitchenupon checkchecking inthird floortennis courtswater aerobicsno graciasactivities staffmexican fiestaclose to the airportspring break
Reviewed January 10, 2016

Villa del Mar exceeded our expectationS. Service was great, room was clean, food always hot. Thank you to Gustavo for special menu selection, Franseco at the beach for bringing me gluten free pizza made to order to my lounge chair piping hot, Alfredo at beach bar, Rosalio for keeping everything in order at the beach bar. Tonn of fun to visit with the staff. Made me special drink because I was coughing!

This is an all inclusive as well as menu order resort. You do not need reservations at the restaurants so the atmosphere is very relaxed. You do not need to worry about the reviews on the beach chairs as there are plenty to go around. There are staff standing around waiting to carry your chair wherever you would like it placed right down to the umbrella which he will dig in and place wherever you like. You can change your towel for a clean one whenever you like and no bother of a towel card.

Samantha at the spa does amazing job on both spa and massage.

Very centrally located only 4km from malecon and you can catch bus for 7.5 peso right outside resort. Grocery store at the resort with basics or walk 1 block. Brand new sports bar with menu service of course and all the NHL games and football you like. Every room has a kitchen and balcony. ENJOY!!!!!!

Room Tip: WIFI in room but for extra go to the Star bucks 5 min walk for free wifi
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Deanna C
Reviewed January 7, 2016

Reserved maroon with a balcony, none were available, rooms offered were not acceptable so I went elsewhere. Informed trip advisor and received no response, was charged for a room I did not use. I am requesting a refund.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
13  Thank K4725UJjackie
Reviewed January 5, 2016

There was mold growing in the kitchen and bathroom. Mouse droppings were on the bathroom window seal. There were electrical wire hanging down in a closet. The ceiling fan was dirty and bad paint jobs all over the place. On top of that we had a 1970's television that had terrible reception. If you went out on the balcony there is an air conditioner that kicks on and off loudly that is not condusive to relaxing with it blaring in your ear. They tell you when you check in that they are putting you in the "quiet" side. The rooms back up to a busy/noisy street or where the delivery trucks come in starting at 5 AM that you can hear in your room. Don't believe the pictures on their web site, it doesn't look like the room. The food and beach was decent enough. You just couldn't spend any time in your room because you get ticked off every time you go in there. The wi fi is terrible. We got on occasionally one day and couldn't connect at all on another day.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
10  Thank 39bryanm
Reviewed December 27, 2015

We arrived at Villa Del Palmar, the "sister resort" to Villa Del Mar, to check in. Honestly, we could not see the difference between the two. Together they both look like one large resort. We arrived at the resort about noon from our flight from LAX and knew that check-in was about 4:00. Imagine our surprise when we had keys to our room in about 20 minutes. And don't believe all the hype, my wife and I never had a single person approach as during our entire week stay regarding presentations, 20% off discount card, etc. In other words, no sales pitch, even at check-in. Our room was impressive with the cleanliness and size of the one bedroom accommodations which was located on the second floor above the pool. The staff at the resort were super friendly and always helpful. We had our choice of a couple of different pools, hot tubs and the beach. The small "mini-mart" was just steps from our room for any incidentals you need. The restaurants were pretty good, but we decided against a meal plan because we went on several trips that would include meals away. The internet was $10 a day, if you really needed it and of course you had to put down a deposit for charges, because we did put all the drinks and meals on the room charge. Overall, a great time and I will say that if your only complaint is a sales pitch, then get over yourself. Sorry. We have been members for over 15 years and ever since then my wife and I have NEVER sat in on another sales pitch. That was your choice.

Room Tip: I noticed there is a wing next to the highway. I would try to avoid that.
1  Thank Troutinator
Reviewed December 27, 2015

We traveled in December of 2015.

First, let me begin with the good. The good here outweighs the bad, but the bad is really bad and I'm still pretty po'd about it.

Good: Rooms are nice, very clean. The grounds are immaculate. The gardens are beautiful. The pools are clean. The beach is really nice. Sergio is out there every day keeping swimmers safe. Go out with him on a morning kayak ride, then, you can take them out by yourself. Lots of dolphins to see. It is beautiful and quiet.

The bad:
This is what will make me never return to this place...check-in is a ridiculous hassle and it's super high-pressure to make you go to their timeshare sales presentation at their new resort, Flamingos. Check-in took an hour and that's only because we walked away and said we were DONE. All I wanted was to go to my room, change clothes and get to the pool, especially after a really long day of travelling. Here is where they get you:
After you put down your credit card (they put a $8000 pesos hold on your card, FYI) and show ID, you have to meet with a representative. They do tell you some really helpful tips about cabs and the resort. Then they dig their claws in. They offer you a discount card good for 20% off in the resort. HOWEVER, it's not good during happy hour or on certain items in the market, like alcohol. You can't get this card unless you agree to go to Flamingos for the timeshare presentation which they say is 90 minutes, NOT EVEN CLOSE (I'll get to that)!!! We were checking in around 7pm in the evening. They practically insisted that we go on the presentation at 7:30am the next morning. After travelling all day, the last thing I want to do is get up and go on a sales presentation on my first morning of vacation.
We checked in on Sunday evening. We begrudgingly and stupidly agreed to go to the presentation on Tuesday. They wanted us to put down a $20 cash deposit for us to go to a sales presentation!!! We didn't. Anyway, so here is how the presentation goes: you take a 35-40min taxi ride to the other resort. You eat breakfast while a sales rep asks you questions and try to figure out their angle. The breakfast was okay, but nothing spectacular. Next, you go on a tour of all of the different room options. So, now we're over an hour in. Then, you go and have to tell them your income, how many days you travel, what your average vacation expense is, etc. THEN, you meet with another sales rep. They give you a price, you say no, then they cut it in half, you say no, they say they'll take care of the sales tax, you say no...that's how it goes.
So, they've guaranteed that the timeshare presentation will only be 90 minutes, they went a bit over, but it was close.
However, you STILL aren't done. Then, you meet with another person who asks how the presentation was.
STILL not done...then you have to go to another room and you have to "check out" of the presentation. Only then do you get your taxi ticket back and whatever else they promised you to get you to go on this stupid thing. For us, it was $500 pesos and 2 city tours (really, guided selling tours).
Some other people we talked to got stuck in the presentation for 4 hours, that's not including travel time or enjoying Flamingo's beach and stuff! Overall, please, save yourself a day of vacation and skip this. It's not worth the 20% off card. Unless you eat every meal and go to every show at the resort, the card is worthless.

That 20% off card that they said we HAD to have really only saved us around $10 because they don't always count it and it doesn't count for happy hour.

More good stuff: Plenty of of lounge chairs and umbrellas to go around. People can't lay their towels out early in the morning and then not come until late in the day, so that's nice. If you aren't around for over an hour, they will move your stuff so that other people can enjoy the chairs. Don't worry though, if you want to go up to your room or go to the restaurant and grab lunch, they won't just move your stuff unless you're gone a really, really, long time. It's just a nice courtesy to make sure that people are actually using the chairs, not just holding them for later. Trust me, there's plenty (at least in mid-December when we went).

The waiters that come poolside and to the beach are great. They are so wonderful and cheery. It's nice to sit on the beach and have drinks and snacks delivered. They'll always tell you when happy hour is beginning or ending.

Restaurants:
The Mexican place just off the main lobby was good. I had a burrito, carnitas, and fajitas. All were good. More tex-mex than authentic, but tasty. We tried to go to the seafood place one night but it was really busy. There was a major rainstorm so nobody was leaving the resort, usually it was easy to get into though. We opted to go to the Italian place. Yeah, getting Italian in Mexico was not a good choice but we were really hungry. I got the fettuccini with prosciutto and my husband got the lasagna. Both were so salty that they were pretty much inedible.

Sorry this is so long, I'd rather give you more information than less.

22  Thank Illinifan1980