Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed August 19, 2018
as1430txstate
Montgomery, Texas
via mobile

All reviews dive master los arcos marietas islands puffer fish night dive snorkeling group advanced certification pre dive excellent diving experienced divers diving experience dive plan rock formations wet suits manta ray marine life took great care
Reviewed 1 week ago

Professional dive master but very bad service , they said their boat was out for maintenance so they put us on a "panga" boat that didn't even had a basic roof !

Reviewed September 9, 2018

A great pair of dives with Margarita over Labor Day weekend. Easy check-in and gear match up. Aside from the gear I bought and the wetsuit provided, I didn't have to handle any of the equipment. Swift boat to the dive site (Los Arcos). I was the only passenger, but we picked up a couple from another boat for the first dive. They weren't certified, so Margarita closely oversaw them and I was free to move about nearby. We went to the San Andreas Fault drop-off, which was pretty cool (I rarely experience a dive where I can't see the bottom). Second dive was just me and Margarita; it was calm and peaceful - lots of fish, skates, and octopus. The sandwich and drink on the way back to the marina was a nice touch. I'd recommend this outfit and Margarita in particular.

(Calibration note: I am AOW certified and no stranger to tropical dives. I appreciate peaceful dives as much as adrenaline-pumping adventures; this was the former.)

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent experience getting our AOW certification with Vallarta Undersea. Our instructor Hector was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. He helped us both improve our buoyancy, air consumption, safety sausage deployment, and much more, while also giving us our freedom throughout the course. We highly recommend him.
The dive boats we used were fast and in good shape. We had less than 6 divers each day. They provided a sandwich for the ride back, which always hit the spot.
Booking was easy via email with the office staff, and they were very friendly throughout our diving experience. They have a full service shop with plenty of gear and accessories available for purchase if you left anything behind.
Our favorite dives were a night dive at Los Arcos. Huge turtles and eels!
You won’t be disappointed diving with Vallarta Undersea. We hope to dive y’all next summer. Thank you for a great time! Cheers!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Thanks to the hotel in choosing Vallarta undersea .Luis and the captin were great .They do everything by the book very safe and an excellent day of snorkeling at the Marietas islands .

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Shout out to Lorna, Wendy, Magaritta and the”MAN” himself Hector. You guys do a great job every time. Thanks for making the process seamless!!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We booked a two-tank dive for Las Marietas but there was boat trouble the day of the dive. I think we were bumped or mis-scheduled as there was a large snorkeling group using the largest boat when we got there in the morning. There were only four of us so we went to Los Arcos with Hector Carreon. (two of our group had been there the day before but we all wanted to dive so.....) We were totally rewarded by having the flexibility to go to the back side - Hector's "secret spot". Everyone else goes to the other side and it is very crowded. WE SWAM WITH a MANTA RAY FOR 30 minutes toward the end of our dive (till we ran out of air)!!! She was magnificent, very large and has a distinctive 'jersey cow' like marking on her belly. She had been injured at some previous time. She took time with each of us and we think she liked the feeling of our bubbles on her belly. TOTAL BUCKET LIST adventure that we all agree was just "meant to be" !!! We had an excellent provided lunch and they were flexible about bringing our own beverages. The gear was satisfactory (we rent a lot) and I have been diving enough that I felt comfortable with the quick dive plan. Hector, I hope you got good footage of the "Grandma Manta" with your go pro!!

Reviewed April 21, 2018

Great trip with Margarita, the "Turtle Whisperer". Saw dolphins, dozens of whales with their calves, and a leather back turtle. Margarita was a great host and guide, providing information about the area, the whales, and the other creatures that make their home in Banderos Bay.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

I recently booked a two-tank dive with VUS to Los Arcos on Monday 2/26. Hector was the Divemaster and Oscar was assisting. There were two groups totaling 4 people (altogether). Hector was with the less-experienced group while Oscar and I headed out to the more advanced area. Hector did a wonderful job with the pre-dive safety briefing and was able to communicate excellently to the group as we all spoke english. Oscar was equally impressive as he wasn't overbearing and let my experience guide me to what I was comfortable with. Drinks were provided as well as a snack. Once the dives were completed they accommodated the other members by landing them on the beach near their resort. I would definitely book with them again and look forward to it next time I visit PV.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We booked a snorkeling tour to Los Arcos fairly last minute and Vallarta Undersea was very accommodating. Some members of the group were annoyed that our disembarkation was delayed 1 hour, as Hector (our dive master) awaited to customers who never showed up. We eventually pushed off, and our trip was filled with lively conversation with 1st mate, Freddy. He was incredibly engaging and pleasant, and kept everyone relaxed. My daughter and I dove with Hector, and I sensed that he was aware that we were experienced divers with advanced certification, so he wasn't overly involved. We had not planned on diving on the trip, so we did not have our equipment, which made my daughter particularly nervous. Their equipment was just ok. The wet suits were a bit worn, and my regulator bite piece was hanging by a thread. The BCs were descent as were the fins. As far as the dive... Los Arcos is hit or miss. You will not see vibrant coral, but you should see many eels and a descent amount of fish. Also, the water was a bit cold, 62 degrees at 70 ft, so my daughter passed up the second dive as 5mm suits were no quite enough. All in all, I would use Undersea again, albeit with my own equipment and computer etc.

1  Thank JKTraveler11
Reviewed January 9, 2018

They are real professionals, good service on land and on the boats. They have 4 boats, we used 2 and they were good ones. The rental gears are good too. Location is in the Marina, just 50 m from the pier - easy. We dived with Hector and Margarita, both are nice and skillul guides. Sites were Los Arcos, Islas Marietas and Las Caletas, it depends on to what you have used to, but in general they are good sites, with some fish, one turtle and rock formations. It is quite stoney area, but there is a coral reef in Las Marietas.