“Best Dive operator”
Review of Vallarta Undersea

Vallarta Undersea
Ranked #51 of 196 Tours in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of Professional divers who wants to share their most loved passion of the underwater world with all the people who visit Puerto Vallarta. We would like to introduce more new divers to the ocean and let them know how important is to all of us to take care about the natural resources and how to enjoy them with out damage.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Dive operator”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

If you want to dive, snorkel o whale watching, you can go wrong with Vallarta undersea, great service and very professional and friendly crew, the boats are second to none and the captains very knowledgeable.

1 Thank Ice2099

Eugene, Oregon, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fund with Vallarta Undersea”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had originally booked a dive with another company but got my days mixed up so I ended up at the Marina a day early and met Carlos (Charlie Delfin). I didn't have a phone with me but Carlos was kind enough to call the owner of the other dive company for me and offered to take me out diving with a snorkeling group he already had scheduled.

The other company does not take divers out to the Marietas Islands this time of year due to the rough seas and surge that makes it difficult to go into the caves (main attraction) but that is where we went. I was the only diver on the trip so i got plenty of personal attention as my wife snorkeled with the rest of the group.

Small boat with a maximum of 10 including crew so never any worries about getting lost in the crowd. Carlos was very entertaining and made it a fun trip.

I did two dives with Hector and saw lots of Moray eels, Pufferfish, Nudibranch, a couple of sea turtles, Pampano, and of course a variety of fish. The visibility wasn't the greatest but I dove a couple of other spots the next day and they weren't much better. Still, the water was warm (not even a shortie was needed) and there was never a time when there wasn't something to see.

Hector, Carlos and crew were all great and the equipment was pretty good. The only reason I did not give them an excellent rating was that they did not ask for my PADI certification card or number until we were already at the dive site. Not a problem as I had my card with me but something I think they should do when you are filling out forms, not when you are getting your gear on.

They were also slightly more expensive than the dive company I used the next day but not enough to be a deal breaker and I'm glad we got to go out to Marietas. I also liked that fact that they got us out there before everyone else so we did not run into any other divers and the snorkelers in our group got to go into the hidden beach before the crowds got there. We were leaving when everyone else arrived which suits me just fine.

They were all very nice and I would dive with them again.

Visited October 2013
Puebla, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just had three fantastic days' diving with Vallarta Undersea. I'd waited a long time to come to Puerto Vallarta, and we had a couple of short waits while I was there (waiting for the sun to go down to do a night dive, waiting for the dive shop keys to arrive one morning), but it was worth it. Communication with the shop beforehand was prompt, and they always provided me the information I needed to plan my trip. When I got there, the shop staff and boat crew are helpful and friendly, and the dive masters are courteous, charming and, above all, well-trained. The service was very professional at all times. There was always a clearly-explained dive plan, the equipment was in good condition and the sites they took us to were lovely. They even went out of their way to make sure there were vegetarian snacks on board for me. I'd definitely dive with Vallarta Undersea again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah C
California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great adventure that was fun and safe”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a nice small dive company that gave us great personalized service. Because of our schedule for dives we would have ended up diving the same location twice. The staff changed the destination for the second day of diving just to make our experience better.

Our dive master Cache was great. We will come back to Puerta Vallarta just to dive with them again.

Visited July 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Dives with great staff!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Dove the Marietas Islands with the guys, great boat, friendly safe staff. great experience. Thanks guys!

Visited May 2013