“dining with a view”

El Palomar de los Gonzalez
Ranked #56 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fantastic food --great view and service. The menu offers something for everyone. The fish with shrimp that my husband had was yummy--I had a steak that was done to perfection--we can't wait to take all our guests to dine with a view-- this restaurant has stood the test of time--all praise is well deserved--go and enjoy

2  Thank elinor66

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food was ok, very small portions especially for the price. The view at sunset is gorgeous, I believe that's what you are paying for here. There was a little boy who greeted us as we pulled up, opened the door for me and escorted us into the restaurant (super cute and nice kid). We were seated immediately and our server was great! The food was good, don't get me wrong, but for the prices they charge, I would go elsewhere instead of returning here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

How can I give this restaurant the praise it deserves? Don't go to Puerto Vallarta and miss this experience of the senses. It touches on every level known to man. The service, the food, the value, the atmosphere will far exceed your expectations!!!! Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the best of everything. We consider ourselves very blessed to have eaten at El Palomar 4 times while we were on an 11 day vacation. Enough said? Don't miss this place!!!!
Rhonda Dolan
Aurora, Texas

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We asked our concierge at Secrets for a great local restaurant with a view and he sent us here! It is in the top floors of the owners home, it has all the old world Mexican charm you could imagine.The food was fabulous! The octopus was so fresh, the seafood appetizer on a slice of jicama, I will never forget! then I had the seafood salad, again, sooooo good, my Hubby ordered the shrimp wrapped in bacon and stuffed with queso, and I had the local red snapper. A thunderstorm was rolling in, and we got the best view, then it poured,and we were able to sit under the roof area and enjoy the storm. Also,for all the food we had several rum & cokes, our bill was less than $80.00 US. We will be back!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Choose this lovely open-air restaurant for a special sunset dinner. It is located high on a hill, up steep cobblestone streets, on the top two floors of the owner's home, and affords a spectacular view of the city and the bay. A surprise complimentary appetizer featured shrimp served on a thin slice of jicama. Filet with wine and mushroom sauce, shrimp in poblano cream sauce, filet of fish with scallops and shrimp entrees were tasty and beautifully presented. A stunning vegetarian plate featured a variety of veggies, each cut in a unique style and attractively arrayed. Flan and chocolate cake completed our meal. Our first visit to this restaurant was in 2011 during a horrible storm that did not let up; the waitstaff kept us under cover, dry, and very well-fed--while squeegeeing water from the floor and dumping accumulations from the canvas overhang. Of course we returned on our 2012 trip--on a dry evening when we could enjoy a lovely sunset.