“Always Wonderful.”

Hacienda San Angel Gourmet
Reserve with OpenTable
Hacienda San Angel Gourmet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 1,046 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visit this wonderful restaurant every year for my my mothers birthday. It never fails to provide a superb dining experience. We especially liked the seafood stuffed poblano chile.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Six of at us arrived to this supposedly renown eatery expecting a lot. We did get a lot, of disappointment. Arrived at 8 PM to a darkened, temorary repair wall covering everywhere. We found our way up on the terrace to be served by burly, unsmiling waiter; hey, it may not had been his day.
Everything on the menu was fairly pricey and that would be OK if the quality was there. Prices quoted in both $ and Pesos..., but at a lousy exchange rate. Mango dressing salad was skimpy and bereft of mango flavour and minus promised caramelized pecan. Filet mignon was small and resting on two thin, starved-lookong slices of potato. The sauce was overly sweet.
Calamari appetizer was on the other hand quite good and apparently the rack of lamb one of us had was passable save for poor plate presentation. This, by the way, was the case for all of us.
Anyway, overall it was a bummer. When one considers they call themselves gourmet restaurant, no way Jose will we be back to average food, high prices and across-the-board mandatory 20% service charge for less than great service. To pay ver $200 per couple with 2 bottles of average wine for 6 of us is silly.
Peter B. Toronto

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our 2 nd time here for dinner. We started with 2 mango margaritas, supposedly fresh fruit, but to be honest they lacked much of a mango flavor. We both had the fillet mignon. It was good,I ordered mine rare, it came closer to med rare. The sauces were again good, but nothing over the top. The grounds are spectacular, beautifully set tables.
I would call the experience above average overall, but in the expensive category. Service was above average, we were the only ones there for dinner.
Great place for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

OMG best mariachi I have ever seen! AWESOME little place, food good. Entertainment better! beautiful surroundings and up in the hills. Go when the band is there-I bought a CD I liked it so much!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Who knew? I found a snippet in Vallarta magazine with a menu, so we decided to try it out (and a nice couple we met at our hotel recommended it). After a fun rollercoater-like taxi ride up the amusing streets we came upon this unassuming white building. At first we were quite taken with the charm of the neat little house across the street... until after ringing the gong, and the door opened. Amazing and beautiful can't capture the proper words for this little place. I could have stood in the courtyard and turned circles for hours. It felt like I had entry to a secret society! Anyway, the other reviews are spot on. The food was excellent. I had the red snapper for a change of pace, even though I don't normally like fish, but so glad I tried it! My favourite part was the crisp al-dente of the vegetables. Green beans have never tasted so good. The view up there is simply mind blowing: watching the sun set over the city, from a location you would never find on your own. I hope one day I have the opportunity to stay in the hotel, but it's quite pricey.

One complaint: the waiter pulled a "bait and switch" on me with the wine selection. Being election day, no alcohol sales were allowed, but you could order wine. I chose a glass of Zinfandel ($7 a glass). He informed me it wasn't available but a few others were. He pointed to a glass of Shyraz for $4.50...sounded reasonable, so I ordered it. When the bill came, they charged me $12.50!!!! I wouldn't have even mentioned it, although annoyed, but my friend noticed they also added 26% tip to our bill. After the terrible exchange rate converting USD and pesos, we felt they ripped us off a bit. We mentioned to the waiter the discrepancy about the wine pricing, and he argued with me that that's what it costs when you order by the glass? $45 a bottle, $12.50 per glass...considering we were on a budget, I would NEVER in a million years order one that expensive! Shame on you waiter, you did a disservice to this wonderful restaurant.

Apparently it was the last day of the season for them, so I figured after that they had probably run out of many of the selections, and maybe he was a bit desperate for some extra income, and likely pocketed that $8 :(. I will probably end up emailing the nice lady owner we met to let her know.