“Amazing house, incredible staff”
Review of Casa Yvonneka

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Yvonneka
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Amazing house, incredible staff”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was really a beautiful, fun, wonderful house with a truly outstanding staff. I stayed there December 2013-January 2014. We were a large group spanning in age from 3 - 73, with lots of complicated dietary restrictions. The staff was unbelievable and the chef did a great job of managing all of our food issues with a really delicious and careful menu. The house fit everybody's needs and interests, and the space was great-- each room lovely, and nobody felt on top of anybody. There were several communal spots, and the house had a really nice flow to it. It was an easy walk downtown and to the beach (maybe 10 minutes?) or a short cab ride. I really can't rave enough about the house and staff -- both were truly fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2014

First of all, I'm late to my review, but a cold day like this in Chicago quickly made me remember what an amazing time we had at this home! I booked this home in October 2013 to celebrate with 17 of my best friends. The house is spectacular. From the moment you arrive you realize you made the perfect choice. The house is outstanding and exactly as photographed. The amenities are 5 star and the location is ideal for walking to the beach or downtown area for shopping. The staff really makes the stay the stand out from all other choices in Puerto Vallarta. Instead of your group being all spread out, you enjoy the comforts of a home and the relaxation of meals and beverages at your ease. The staff was very accommodating and really took our vacation to a whole new level. The hardest part of our vacation was deciding who gets the master suite! Thanks again for the amazing trip, we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank buzzseif2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you ever wonder how billionaires celebrate life to most affordable way I know to answer that question is by staying at Casa Yvonneka.

I have stayed at some utterly incredible places in my life. Casa Yvonneka is as good as any and at the highest echelon of quality, not just for the villa itself but the way it marries incredible service with a setting that constantly had us saying "YES!".

Let me give you an example:

We had a staff of 6 wait on us hand and foot. ALWAYS incredible food ready and waiting for us that is home cooked. We would come "home" at 4 am sometimes (I had a team of around 20 people staying at the villa) and when we would come through the door, the staff were there, waiting with big smiles and food/ drinks ready to go. What do you want to eat? Just tell them. The selection of meals was amazing. The only negative about Casa Yvonneka I can think of is that you might gain a couple pounds :) but what is vacation for, right? The staff are lead by Magdelena. I read in other reviews that she made things feel like home. I didn't expect that I would be hugging her as much as I hug my own mother when I am home.

As for the villa, the pictures on the site www.casayvonneka.com are great, but it is actually a lot better in person. As they guide you through the place when you first check in I actually gasped a number of times. Usually a villa has one area where everyone congregates and that is poolside. Well that's an incredible area at Casa Yvonneka but there are two other areas just as good and that are HUGE. It is 5 stories high and you could actually stay on a few different floors depending on your whimsy and not feel like you are missing out.

With a group the size that I had one thing I thought I would struggle with it "who gets which room?". I didn't expect EVERY SINGLE ROOM to be incredible. They are all themed with TVs and bathrooms. Very spacious. People didn't feel like they got the short end of the stick. I actually spoke with the owner Yvonne (she was in LA not on site) and had to find out more about her. Who builds a place like this I wondered??

If you want more details about the location you can read some of the reviews. I just know as I started looking for a holiday rental I kept thinking "what's this place going to be like?" Well now that I know I wouldn't dare take a chance ever renting with anyone else in Puerto Vallarta again. Why? This place is a total GRAND SLAM HOME RUN in the bottom of the 9th inning of the 7th game of the World Series.

Simply put: IT DOES NOT GET BETTER.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike J
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

To say that Casa Yvonneka is unbelievable is an understatement. The rooms are immaculate and all open up to balconies overlooking the city and ocean, and of course the infinity pool. The the service staff is attentive and friendly and were available at our every whim - day or night. I wish that there were more stars to rate the overall experience, as it truly is a world-class vacation destination that we cannot wait to return to.
We were a young, fun group of over 20, meeting in Mexico for a corporate sales retreat (mostly) and were blown away by the complete experience. Though well traveled, we had never been in such a place and wished we could stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place deserves more stars than Trip Advisor allows. From the moment we stepped into the villa, we were blown away by our experience at Casa Yvonneka. 14 of us stayed here for a business school reunion, which included a combination of couples, singles, men and women. We are all very well-traveled and critical of good food and service and everything still it exceeded everyone's expectations. I have been in the hospitality industry for almost five years and I can honestly tell you that you can't find a private villa like this with beautiful and tasteful accommodations, amazing service, gourmet meals cooked to order, incredible views, and perfect location with a 10 minute walk to the beach for the price - even in Mexico! The staff consistently went the extra mile to assure we had an amazing time and we actually felt like we were very welcome guests of Yvonneka. I will definitely return and I am already looking forward to my next visit! Thank you Yvonneka, Chef Malena, and the rest of the staff for making our vacation the best one EVER!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AJResorts
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here in October with a group of 15 of us and it was possibly the best place I have ever stayed. We never left the property. The staff was amazing, attentive and made awesome food. They catered to our every whim. The view is breathtaking. The pool overlooks all of Puerto Vallarta. I can't say enough good things about Casa Yvonneka!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JenLynnG
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Honestly the best place we have ever, ever stayed. We had a large group of 14 and we all had a wonderful time. The staff makes you feel like family. Their attitude and smiling faces every day were so great. We are so, so gracious. The food that Magdelena and her staff prepare are out of this world. We ate, and ate, and ate! You can customize your own menu and drinks every night. The Margaritas are outstanding. We wish they could all come home with us!!! The property is beautiful and overlooks all of PV. Very nice area and short little walk to all of the activities in town. We are already planning our trip back! As another review stated, we did not want to leave!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple