“A P.V. "Must Do"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Teatro Limon

Teatro Limon
Reserve with OpenTable
Teatro Limon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Teatro Limón is Puerto Vallarta's finest interactive dining experience. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing meal or take part in the creation and enjoyment of a gourmet meal designed by (or with) talented Canadian Chef, Bruce Byng. You find no boring fixed menu here, Teatro Limon's innovative plates constantly changing. And while Bruce continually strives to come up with exciting new approaches to beloved classics, he is unwavering in his insistence on premium quality and absolute freshness. Be as involved as you want. Or, Opt to sit back and soak in the good things that come to you in the cheery torch-lit terrace under the stars. Or, make yourself comfortable in the open kitchen and be part of the action. Every cocktail imaginable comes out of the fully stocked bar just the way you like it and wine pairings are suggested, with several vintages available by the glass. All in all, an evening at Teatro Limón is an unforgettable and yes, somewhat theatrical experience, ideal for sharing with family, a group of friends or that special someone. Teatro Limon is located in the heart of Old town on Basilio badillo 229 on the upper level of Cocco's Market Bistro Cafe
Las Vegas, Nv
“A P.V. "Must Do"”
Reviewed October 15, 2008

We live in Las Vegas, and travel to P.V. several times a year for the sea, the green, the humidity and if we're lucky, the rain. We discovered Chef Bruce and the Back Alley Restaurant early on and were quite sorry when he sold it. "I have another idea", he said.

Last week as we were walking on the Malecon, a familiar voice called to us and we met Bruce and his lovely wife Julia at another restaurant. He told us his "idea" had come to fruition and gave us his new address. We instantly made reservations, and frankly this was the high-light of this trip.

Theatro Limon is in his house in Amara, near the Montessori School. Enter through a torch-lit patio, into a huge dining room with an island kitchen to your left. Be seated by a marvelous staff, and the "theater" begins. Bruce was already pretty much aware of our likes and dislikes from our previous experience with "Bruce's Back Alley", but he joined us while cocktails were ordered to explain his "idea", and check on gross dislikes or allergies which we may have. He introduced us to the other guests present, then the parade of perfectly prepared and beautifully presented dishes started rolling toward all our tables.

Several tables of large groups were also present, one with two small girls about five and six respectively, and everyone watched or assisted while Bruce created five courses of incredibly complex and delicious food. At one point Bruce brought a chair into the kitchen to provide the younger of the two girls the necessary height to help prepare a velvety Mornay sauce to accompany perfectly grilled medallions of filet mignon.

Dinner ended with a marvelous Basil Ice Cream made daily by Julia, accompanied by a small Baklava. Afterwards we smoozed with the other guests and then closed the restaurant while trading tales and drinks with Bruce and Julia, and the lovely staff. Allow YaYa to select a wine for you, she's uncanny.

So, is it a great haute cuisine restaurant? A party? A cooking show ala Mario Batali or Tyler Florence? Yes. It is Theatro Limon.

5 Thank bay-lights

Seabrook, Texas
“The Best Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We dined at Teatro Limon a couple of days after Bruce's Grand Re-Opening and the experience was fabulous. When we entered, Bruce greeted us as if he knew us. It felt like walking in to Cheers! All that were dining there said Hi and told us we were in for a unique night of dining. Bruce came to our table and asked us what we didn't like and if we had any allergies, and then, " The Feasting Began"! They have a full bar, wonderful wine and the service was excellent. We had the 5 course Chef's Menu and all I can say is that I can't wait to go back. This was the coolest night. Bruce in the kitchen which is open to the dining room, interacting with the guests, his gracious wife and staff attending to all our needs. See you next trip Bruce. Don't change a thing!

Sherry and Michael
Pearland, Tx.

3 Thank PartyMartiniHouse
Manhattan Beach, CA
“Incredible, Delicious and Unique”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

After reading the reviews and discussions on the PV forum, I knew this was going to be an amazing culinary experience. Well, it exceeded my expectations!! My husband is quite the foodie and I assured him that Teatro Limon was going to be one of the best meals we've ever had, and it really was.

As you have read, the restaurant is actually Bruce and Julia's home, its decor is vibrant and sassy, and the staff friendly, inviting and can't do enough to make you feel at home. Bruce greets you like he's known you for years, and that is exactly how we felt after a few minutes chatting with he and his wife.

Bruce will ask you what you like and don't like. One of the things I usually don't eat is duck, mainly because it is usually so fatty. Well Bruce cooked up 2 dished made with duck (done in different ways) and I am officially converted. It was succulent and anything but fatty.

All the courses brought together a medley of flavors that just kept us wanting more and more. Bruce accomodated our friend who doesn't eat meat by creating a sweet shrimp dish that was absolutely incredible. All the courses were incredible. I have a few pictures so you can see how beautiful the presentation is.

Again, Bruce, Julia and their staff sat and talked with us and we just had a wonderful time sharing stories with them. (And sharing a couple bottles of wine!!).

I can't recommend this dining experience more...you have to go!!!

4 Thank jen4774
Redlands, California
“The most unique restaurant in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

On our most recent visit to Puerto Vallarta, we went to TeatroLimon three times. I asked my husband where he wanted to celebrate his birthday. He said "TeatroLimon, at least twice." We were big fans of Bruce's Back Alley Bistro.

TeatroLimon is in the dining room of Bruce's house. The ambiance is casually elegant and very welcoming. The kitchen is open, so you can watch Bruce in action.

Service at TeatroLimon is excellent! Bruce comes over to talk to you about your dinner. You can tell him if you have any allergies or preferences. He's willing talk to you about ingredients and preparation. His wife, Julia, stopped by to see how we liked our meal. Ya Ya and Joe are the best waitstaff a restaurant could ask for.

On our first visit, I ordered the lobster as part of the five-couse dinner. It was perfectly cooked, as was everything else. The pork and mango terrine was incredible, not like anything I've ever tasted. The filet was delicious, loved the red wine sauce. Our meal was topped off by Julia's delicious homemade ice cream. The fresh basil was my favorite.

The second trip to TeatroLimon was another treat. Eight of us went for dinner. This was great! We were able to taste so many things. The salads are interesting and fresh. The berry dressing went perfectly with the greens. I was happy to see the stuffed crab, one of my favorites from the Back Alley Bistro. We had barnacles, something I've never eaten. Tasty, but ugly! Again, we all thought our entrees were excellent.

The third visit to TeatroLimon was just DH and myself. We let Bruce choose for us, which worked out really well. We had salad topped with a "meatball" made of smoked pork. It was delicious! I had the filet, which was great. My "not hungry" spouse ate all five courses. He had rack of lamb each visit. He thinks TeatroLimon has the best lamb he's ever tasted.

TeatroLimon is family-friendly, too. There was a party that included a few children. Bruce invited them to help him cook their dinner. It was a pleasure watching him interact with his youngest customers.

This restaurant will always be on our "must-do" list.

6 Thank spotcat