“== overrated, overpriced ==”
Review of Teatro Limon

Teatro Limon
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Teatro Limón is Puerto Vallarta's finest interactive dining experience. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing meal or take part in the creation and enjoyment of a gourmet meal designed by (or with) talented Canadian Chef, Bruce Byng. You find no boring fixed menu here, Teatro Limon's innovative plates constantly changing. And while Bruce continually strives to come up with exciting new approaches to beloved classics, he is unwavering in his insistence on premium quality and absolute freshness. Be as involved as you want. Or, Opt to sit back and soak in the good things that come to you in the cheery torch-lit terrace under the stars. Or, make yourself comfortable in the open kitchen and be part of the action. Every cocktail imaginable comes out of the fully stocked bar just the way you like it and wine pairings are suggested, with several vintages available by the glass. All in all, an evening at Teatro Limón is an unforgettable and yes, somewhat theatrical experience, ideal for sharing with family, a group of friends or that special someone. Teatro Limon is located in the heart of Old town on Basilio badillo 229 on the upper level of Cocco's Market Bistro Cafe
Reviewed July 12, 2013

More spectacle than restaurant.

The chef took it upon himself to decide what we would eat with little consultation: irritating!

The food was quite good, but not special. All together there were many f-bombs and noisy discussions before we saw our food.

It was cooked in front of us, which was enjoyable. The chef mentioned he wants to sell the place. . . his wife is clearly overwhelmed with him, but we were not.

There are much better places in PV, such as Casa Naranjo which serves better food in a much calmer and civilized manner, at similar prices.

15  Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Teatro L, Owner at Teatro Limon, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hi there

thanks or your review. I noticed the review itself was written 8 months after your dining experience

TEATRO LIMON IS NOT FOR SALE you can not sell personality.

Here at Teatro Limon, we srie to give a dining experience like no other . I guess you felt different

i asked you three questions. Likes, dislikes and allergies

i then asked you to make a choice, You can make a decision based on what i have available or you can let me chose to prepare something for you and your group based on the feedback you gave me from myquestions

You chose to let me chse for you
being underwhelmd is one thing, but not letting me knowhow you fealt is another

based on the previous reviews we have, i would say we are one of the most consistant dining establishments around our fine city

sorry we did not please you . If i would have known at the monet how you flt i could have rectified the problem.....NOW I CAN NOT

Bruce

Owner and Chef

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I admit to being a fan of Teatro Limon since Day One. The food and atmosphere are unlike any other. It feels like going to a dinner party at an eccentric, talented friend's home. Bruce and Julia are the best hosts, so friendly and welcoming.

There isn't a set menu. Bruce will ask about your allergies and preferences, then make you a phenomenal dinner. He serves the highest quality food. You never know what he'll have on hand. His cooking is always evolving and he always has something new to share.

We visit Teatro Limon multiple times each trip. On our first 2013 visit, there were eight of us. the crab legs we started with were perfectly cooked and meaty. Bruce served prime rib cooked sous vide. The carnivores in the group swore it was the best beef they had ever eaten. It was meltingly tender and perfectly medium rare. I prefer fish and loved my wahoo. The sauce was a prefect compliment to the fish. I very rarely eat dessert, too sweet and uninteresting. Not here! I love Julia's desserts.

Our second visit was a carnivores dream come true. My husband was silent during the entire meal-too busy eating to chat with our friends. We started with a mushroom/corn soup drizzled with lemon oil. I wanted to ask for seconds, but knew there was a ton more food coming our way. We had a really unusual "taco" with an octopus tortilla and housemade kimchi. It sounds odd, but it was tasty. I absolutely loved the salad, mango and the best blue cheese I have ever eaten. I don't eat lamb, but thought the petite lamb chops were delicious. The bison filet mignon on a Portobello mushroom was my favorite part of dinner. Well, until, I tasted the bison sirloin....

We prefer coming to Teatro Limon with a group of friends who don't mind sharing bites. That's more fun, not to mention more food. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it's a fabulous value. It would cost at least three times that much in California. I always leave with enough food for another meal, usually two.

4  Thank spotcat
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hospitality in a beautiful home is the unique quality of this wonderful restaurant. It is in a quiet safe residential area, not in the commercial part of town. The owners are warm people that insure your enjoyment of the tasty-well-prepared food. Everything looks as good as it tastes. This is great value and a dining experience to remember

1  Thank Mavinmark
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The owner/chef sits with you and discovers you alleges, likes and dislikes. He then creates a 5 course dinner for you. in my opinion, all negative reviews of this restaurant should be discounted, though I do usually look to them for forewarnings. Not inexpensive but well worth it for a special meal. It is not that easy to find as it is not on any main road but down a small bumpy street next to the hospital.

2  Thank Howard R
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bruce is a master class chef! While you never know what you'll be served, Bruce is incredibly accommodating and will adjust as necessary. He even let my young boys help him make pizza. I've been here 3 times and look forward to many more times! Everything about the experience (meal, décor, Bruce, his wife, all the staff), nothing short of amazing!

2  Thank LisaJM5