“Three times in 2 weeks”
Review of Teatro Limon

Teatro Limon
Reserve with OpenTable
Teatro Limon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 1,016 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Teatro Limón is Puerto Vallarta's finest interactive dining experience. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing meal or take part in the creation and enjoyment of a gourmet meal designed by (or with) talented Canadian Chef, Bruce Byng. You find no boring fixed menu here, Teatro Limon's innovative plates constantly changing. And while Bruce continually strives to come up with exciting new approaches to beloved classics, he is unwavering in his insistence on premium quality and absolute freshness. Be as involved as you want. Or, Opt to sit back and soak in the good things that come to you in the cheery torch-lit terrace under the stars. Or, make yourself comfortable in the open kitchen and be part of the action. Every cocktail imaginable comes out of the fully stocked bar just the way you like it and wine pairings are suggested, with several vintages available by the glass. All in all, an evening at Teatro Limón is an unforgettable and yes, somewhat theatrical experience, ideal for sharing with family, a group of friends or that special someone. Teatro Limon is located in the heart of Old town on Basilio badillo 229 on the upper level of Cocco's Market Bistro Cafe
CT
“Three times in 2 weeks”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Wife and I were invited along with 5 friends to Bruce's House for Dinner on a Sunday evening, when they are closed. It was an absolute treat. Everything he dished up was fantastic. Ribs, custom Pizza, Smoked Trout, great vegetables, a Special made fried rice. Bruce's food that night was the same wonderful food.

The other 2 nights were with other groups. Each night there were different choices that were incredible. Bison for me one night and a Ribeye, not to be believed another. His salad course was different each time. One night a cream of Broccoli soup and another a cream of tomato, one night a course of mussels and broken stone crab claws the other night, again the stone crab with 2 baked cherry tomato's filled with shrimp. Out of this world. The desserts, made by Julia, were other worldly.

Now, I have to state for those that think it is costly. We did not feel that way. The price has gone up (as everything has) to 800 pesos per person for the Chef table dinner. The rate of exchange the weeks we were there was around 12.85 pesos to the USD. That comes to $62 for all that culinary magic. No one forces you to drink a lot of Cocktails, nor drink an expensive wine. I can tell you that a meal that Bruce puts out would cast you $150 per person in some of the better places in NYC, SF, Dallas or any major city and it will not be as good, by a long stroke.

We have eaten at Teatrolimon at least 10 times since he opened and have never been disappointed.

• Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“This isn't dinner -- it's a dining experience!!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had heard about this restaurant on TripAdvisor some time ago, and I was finally able to visit on my most recent trip to PV -- it turned into an amazingly memorable evening out. There was not a full house, so we had even more attention from Chef Byng, his delightful wife, Julia, and their wonderful staff -- they were ever professional, ever present, ever attentive, with Bruce even inviting me over to show his "secret ingredient" in the cooking process that helped to create the melt-in-your-mouth buffalo filet that I enjoyed later on in the evening. I didn't ever see a menu (maybe they have one, I don't know) -- we were asked for any dietary constraints and then we just allowed Bruce to "do his thing," which was absolutely divine -- including the Mexican red wine he felt was the best pairing. As we chatted over dessert, I mentioned to Chef Bruce that I had never had limoncello before, which caused him to light up, then disappear and bring out the final pours of some home-made limoncello that was unbelievably delicious!!!
Although I recall reading reviews that indicated a cost of 550 to 650 pesos per person, be aware that with cocktails, wine and dessert, our cost was considerably higher. However, as another reviewer has said, it was "quirky, but excelent in every aspect," and every once in a while, it's worth such a splurge. Thanks to one and all at Teatro Limon for a delightful dining experience!

• Visited October 2012
Idaho
“Great sometimes, Good sometimes, Overpriced Always!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hard to find on back streets in a average Mex. neighborhood... fairly nice inside a work in progress outside... Owner Bruce very self confident if you get my meaning... Look if you have money to burn then could be for you and at times the food can be quite suprising... other times... faily common!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank racerguyIdaho
crazyboutPV, Owner at Teatro Limon, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi there

thanks for your visit . Please tell me what you had consumed that you thought was overpriced.
We do our very best to explain our prices to our clientele. If by any chance you feel we where not up to snuff let me know

maybe you can explain what in fact was not the good value part

Bruce
Chicago, Illinois
“Bruce, Julia, food and staff are amazing!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was brought to teatro limon by a friend I was traveling with in Jan 2010. I returned to p.v. In October of 2012 and know I was going to end my trip on this high note. I found a few new friends and they where leaving the day before me. so, we decided to see if we could change our reservation. We where going Tuesday for two and need Monday for five. Bruce said come on in. I arrived to hugs and smiles from everyone remembering me from my last trip in January 2010.
We sat down and I told Bruce just feed us. He did as he always does . Ask a few questions and off to the kitchen he went.
Next thing we know we are enjoying wine
And conversation with the staff and rest of the guest in the place. The food comes out with an explanation and Oh's and ah's from us all. Then we taste it!
We can not stop talking about it. Then each coarse is even better than the next.
The conversation and wine are as pleaing as the coarses. I know I am raving about this place. but, I enjoyed it so much I kept my Tuesday reservation.
I meet two new friends on Tuesday at the beach who where there for ones birthday.
I invited them to join us and was amazed once again. This is fine dining at it's best. Bruce ask if you have any restrictions do include price. if it is let him
Know. I have never had such an amazing dinning experience time after time. I will eat heat everytime i visit P. V. You can thank me later for the food your about to eat!

Here, There & Everywhere
“A Unique Experience, be forewarned, quirky but excellent in every aspect!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not to be pretentious but, I'm not a foodie/food junkie, not an aficionado, definitely not a wannabe, I'm a full blown freakin' gourmet mind you!!

First off, the place is way of the grid in PV, it's a hidden spot in a residential area, call or e-mail ahead for directions to the place so you won't have trouble finding it.

The decor is nice, kind of a mashup in terms of furniture/decoration, but very agreeable on the senses.

Being Mexican and all let me tell you, it's not cheap, it's not so expensive either, we've spent much more on bad/average food; so be prepared and the bill will not come as a surprise for some of you. After asking our food preferences/allergies, Bruce (the chef/owner) proceded to suggest our meal choices.

The thing here is about the food, from my understanding Bruce's an expert on meats, I mean, I love meat and have shot/slaughtered/butchered/selected/cut/bought/prepared/cooked my meat, be it beef, venison, hog, rabbit, armadillo, or whatever, so I'm no fool, Bruce showed us some of the best cuts I've ever seen, he dry ages his meat for some 30+ days. We selected some lamb and some buffalo.

For starters we had a delicious soup made of lamb broth and some tomato based, chef said it was his version of Birria hahaha (I hope he e-mails me with the full description of the courses).

Next up was the salad, great combination of figs, caramelized orange and a balsamic vinagrete, just a little bit surprised that the lettuces was standard iceberg, maybe it could have been arugula, italian or romaine instead but no complains here though we ate it up with much gusto!

Next up some of the most delicious smoked duck ever, cut into strips, I first thought it was bacon upon seeing it, then when I tasted it thought it was some kind of corned beef/pastrami, man, my wife's not crazy about duck but she ate it all and liked it, only upon asking afterwards we found out it was duck hahaha.

For the main courses, I had an excellent rack of lamb, not sure about the recipe but perfectly cooked, to my linking and my wife had an excellent buffalo filet mignon.

For dessert a very tasty creme brule and some creamed strawberries.

Through the whole visit we were able to see the preparation process, had an impromptu cooking lesson, sampled may of the chef's wares and basically supervised the whole thing.

Bruce is really a character, I'll tell you that, maybe some people won't like him or his ways but he was never offensive or rude, I enjoyed all of his quirks, and his wife and the rest of the staff really are great but he definitely steals the show.

Next trip to PV I know where we'll be having dinner!! I Highly Recommend This Place!!

• Visited October 2012