“Excellent food and service”
Review of Teatro Limon - CLOSED

Teatro Limon
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Teatro Limón is Puerto Vallarta's finest interactive dining experience. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing meal or take part in the creation and enjoyment of a gourmet meal designed by (or with) talented Canadian Chef, Bruce Byng. You find no boring fixed menu here, Teatro Limon's innovative plates constantly changing. And while Bruce continually strives to come up with exciting new approaches to beloved classics, he is unwavering in his insistence on premium quality and absolute freshness. Be as involved as you want. Or, Opt to sit back and soak in the good things that come to you in the cheery torch-lit terrace under the stars. Or, make yourself comfortable in the open kitchen and be part of the action. Every cocktail imaginable comes out of the fully stocked bar just the way you like it and wine pairings are suggested, with several vintages available by the glass. All in all, an evening at Teatro Limón is an unforgettable and yes, somewhat theatrical experience, ideal for sharing with family, a group of friends or that special someone. Teatro Limon is located in the heart of Old town on Basilio badillo 229 on the upper level of Cocco's Market Bistro Cafe
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our night at TL. It was really a whole night time experience , not just dinner. The food was delicious and more than plentiful. Bruce taught us some new ideas with sauces that even I can make. The steak was to die for...huge and succulent. I only just managed to finish it and we had been warned to skip lunch. (We had) I arrived really hungry and thought skipping lunch a bad idea. I was wrong. Thank God we did skip lunch.
Stuffed as I was I still managed some chocolate for dessert..a rich chocolate cake served with strawberries and cream.
Some locals arrived as we were finishing so we got to see more of the cooking processes, having been rather too intent on eating first time around.
We got to learn a bit about the sous vide cooking method that seems to be all the rage now. Bruce explained the whole process to us and we watched him preparing various foods by this method.
All the food was beautiful in its presentation; it looked almost too pretty to eat.
We let Bruce choose our wine and were more than happy with his choice.
We will definitely be back here.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am what you would call a foody - I appreciate and know fine dining very well. Perhaps we visited on an off night, but overall we had a very average experience.

The tomato soup starter was OK. The cheese/blueberry thing in the soup was off putting however. Too rich and sweet. We were then served some kind of tastless carpaccio. The salad was OK - again too sweet.

The mains were pork, short rib, fish, and steak. The steak was very good. The rest of the mains were not impressive. The pork and fish had a sauce that was far too sweet. Short ribs lacked flavor. The fish was overcooked. The weirdest part about dinner was the lack of sides. We basically got all this meat with a couple of slices of carrot on the side.

I do not understand why Bruce does not take advantage of local ingredients!

The wine was surprisingly good - Bruce picked it out for us. It was Mexican.

Was dinner awful? No, it wasn't. There were a few good items and the room is very nice.

However, you can do MUCH better in PV for a lot less money. If you are a foody, take a pass on this place.

11  Thank waylman
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Excellent food, wine and service + value for money! We had lots of fun watching Bruce cook at his island and tasted lots of food other people were going to have! He makes a lot of sauce and he tastes first to make sure your food is going to be good enough! Don't worry, he still leaves plenty for you and he doesn't use your cutlery in case you were worried!!

It was a fun evening out as well as great food!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had some idea of what to expect from reading TA reviews for some time. We were not disappointed. All the courses were delicious, but more, the presentation was something else. I felt I was destroying a mini work of art with each course. (BUT I forgot my camera...will have to go back next year for pics!)
Although the food was great I really enjoyed the “show” almost as much as eating it. I learnt a new whacky sauce to try at home, and then some variations of that. Bruce kept giving me spoonfuls to try and each seemed more flavourful than the last. Don’t miss out on the chance if Bruce summons you to the island for a tasting.
We were seated near the cooking island so I didn’t miss much, and I loved watching the plating process.
Next time I’m going to book a lesson and learn some new tricks for sauces!
We had a full bodied red with our meal, recommended by Bruce, which went superbly with our food.

1  Thank jenni w
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bruce and team, thanks for your kind attention. Food was delicious, since the service, taste and presentation. We're coming back soon.