“The Argentinians do beef to satisfy any beefeater!”

Rincon De Buenos Aires
Ranked #108 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Since my wife and I arrived here in PV 11 days ago we have been eating lots of chicken, fish, pork and seafood. Last night we were both needing something different and I suggested a steak. My wife whole-heartedly agreed and since we had a rental car we drove to the Marina for dinner. At first I thought we would have the Chateaubriand, but when my wife spotted the grilled short ribs that idea was shelved. I ordered the surf and turf (filet). My dinner came with a baked potatoe and a salad and my wife's dinner came with mixed vegetables and rice. I had a Modelo light and my wife had a coke. Cost of the meal before tip was $ MP 583. My filet was cooked to a perfect medium with juices running only slightly as I cut it, the chimichurri sauce (Argentinian grilled meat condiment) doesn't cover the taste it augements the flavours as you chew. My wife really enjoyed her ribs and she let me sample them. They were cooked to medium as well and the flavour that close to the bone is intense. The ribs were trimmed nicely retaining the right amount of fat for flavour and were (to my surprise) very tender. My wife now insists that I have to learn how to grill that cut. The serivce was timely and courteous. We were not rushed nor pushed to buy dessert. All in all a very enjoyable meal. I have dined here about 8 times prior.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the greeting to the lack of boisterous noise, I found this restaurant a cut above some of the other ones in the marina. The wait staff were courteous but not overbearing and giant size margaritas were not prominent. The Medallion of beef was one of the most tender I have ever enjoyed and the salad was fresh and refreshing. I totally enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son approached the 32 ounce giant mutant prime rib with due caution before eating it into submission. My wife's ribeye was the equal of anything she'd eaten stateside - and the romantic marina setting was superior to all. I had my usual Mexican diet of pulpo (octopus)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Craved a steak, but were wrong to come here. Sat down at the table and told of special - a flank steak for $195.00 peso. Had that special and the 1/2 lemon chicken for $140.00 peso. Was served chips and salsa after 15 minutes of ordering, when we had watched other tables with larger groups getting bread and better service besides the chips and salsa.

Had also an onion soup ($46.00 peso) and side salad for starters. The soup was horrible, and the salad came with dressing already applied - a soaked vinegar "house dressing". Was not offered fresh pepper, but noticed the larger group tables were.

Had to ask for a second glass of wine even though our glasses were empty for 10 minutes with waiters walking by serveral times (wine was $150.00 peso for two glasses). Order the Sauvignon Blanc wine, but I was sure it was a Chardonnay!

Then our main meals came....see attched pictures - feel free to laugh! Nothing lemon about the two small pieces of "lemon" chicken with skin and dark meat that were recieved. At least it came with a dry baked potatoe. And the flank steak was a joke - only a steak served, not vegetables, rice or potatoe. Both meals were HEAVILY over-salted and unedible.

Paid for our meals and left. This restaurant is OVERRATED. It caters to large groups, or tables that show promise for a large tip. The waiters, all waiting behind and watching were horrible. They watched while you ate, but unless you were in the larger groups, you had to pretty much yell for someone to help you.

5  Thank JCM1959
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Best value on the menu, Tenderloin For Two, One of Our favourite steak restaurants, and they make a great Martini, Manhatten, or Margarita. Very friendly staff, worth checking out.
Ron & Susan, Niagara Falls, Canada