“Good Pizza in PV”
Review of La Piazzetta

La Piazzetta
Ranked #205 of 1,097 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fifteen years ago, driven by the advice of a good friend, we started with a small facility; this was a time when we only had a variety of 7 pizzas and 2 salads. I personally started cooking with one of my old cooks, we worked very hard and added some pastas in order to serve our customers the way they deserved.Several years went by and our clientele grew every day. Luckily, the property next door became vacant and we decided to extend the restaurant to service all our customers who still visit us to this day, we remodeled the place and now have a dining area for 200 people. We created a fresh and clean environment with a romantic and bohemian touch, features that are our trademark in La Piazzetta. We also extended our menu and created 24 different types of our already famous pizzas, new salads, pastas and main courses, creating the menu you can now enjoy with us.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This may not have been the best pizza of my life, but it was pretty good, especially considering we were in Mexico and not Italy (or Chicago, where we live and is known for good pizza).

Marco, our server, was very friendly and efficient. We talked to him a bit after we were done and heading out and he didn't seem to mind that we were chatting him up.

The atmosphere is quite nice: airy and cozy.

My boyfriend and I each had a pizza and we enjoyed them. They are thin-crust, brick oven (I believe) cooked, and a single pizza is good for one (2 if you are small eaters).

I would go back if ever in PV again and try something other than the pizza.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My new husband and I have been in Puerto Vallarta for a week celebrating our honeymoon and have been staying in a wonderful all inclusive resort where the food and drinks are good and it's never ending but we really wanted to try something different and good while being here. We heard rave reviews from other vacationers about Lapiazzetta. There calamari, sangria, etc,.. Well we ventured out last night after a day of walking, shopping and another wonderful restuarant in the old town for lunch La Palapa. Needless to say we wanted to try everything we had heard about La piazzetta but I'm sure most can understand a day in the sun and food and drinks all day you may need to half things. We had a sangria a piece( not true sangria, good but way to foo foo). The calamari we split( delicious). Second course halved a caprese( amazing). Third course split carbonara( not true carbonara but good). We also had two liters of bottled water. The server we had Luis started off very nice with us but I could sense he didn't like that we were sharing and neglected us as if we weren't as important as others ordering drinks and such. When he brought us the bill his remarks verbatim "here's your small check". I was totally appalled by this as I myself am in the food and beverage world in the states and this would never be ok. Our bill was 55.00 and we left a 13.00 tip as I always tip at least 18% to 20%. So I felt only as a server industry person to inform Luis that I enjoyed our experience up to the point of his rather rude comment and that in the future it wouldn't be wise to do that to other patrons. We did enjoy the food and the other service helpers were very nice but I have to say rudeness like this can hurt businesses and we already have another tripped planned with friends next year to return to Puerto Vallarta and I will probably skip taking them here.

3  Thank HRoper27
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ok there are Italian restaurants in the PacNW we like better, but we always make the trek to Zona Romatica a couple times a trip to go to La Piazzetta. Service is great and the cheeses they use don't have that slightly different flavor we noted at other pasta restaurants in PV.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Food was good- but nothing to write home about. We had the fried cheese/spinach cream sauce appetizer. Good portion but not the best quality of cheese. My spouse had spaghetti with meat sauce that was unusal but very good - also a good portion size. I had penne pasta with mushrooms and ham in a white cream sauce - also very good. Service was excellent!

Here's a couple of things to watch out for: 1) No refills on drinks. I had two glasses of ice tea that cost 56 pesos ($4.29 USD); 2) the check was presented with charges shown in pesos and a USDollar conversion provided below it. Our meal was $480 pesos and showed the US Dollar equivilance of $43.64. This was actually $7 more than the "true" conversion - so make sure you pay the bill in pesos! And don't use a credit card/debit card - they run the charge in American dollars and you end up paying "their" inflated rate.

3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed November 1, 2012

La Pizzetta is always great. From the smiling staff welcoming you. To the great food &service. There are many choices. Ask on the special of the day. I like the pasta & think there margretta pizza is the best. They will split dishes. Beer is served wtih a cold glass as is white wine. THEY ARE NOW OPEN SUN.

1  Thank JALFAN