“Awesome!Love love love”

Dining options: Breakfast
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“Awesome!Love love love”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

At least once you must go to Memo's. Best breakfast in town. My favorite is "Blintzes" filled with sweetened cream cheese filling and topped with a giant pile of fresh cut strawberries. You will love everything here. Can be very busy, so don't get discouraged Service and food are awesome!

Visited January 2013

Rockford, Michigan
“Friendly, Flavorful and aFfordable”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We tried the Pancake House because it was full of both locals and gringos. The hostess took us to the back and seated us in the open patio in a garden. The vegetation is trained to create a canopy overhead, making a cool and exotic setting.

The breakfast menu was quite large. Friend Barb made a choice like she would order at home, cheese blintzes with strawberries. She only ordered one but did not feel at all deprived as, when the order came, the plate was filled with delicious fresh strawberries. The blintz was excellent as well. Barb’s husband Mike and the rest of us went a little more Mexican with their orders.

My wife and I shared a plate of tasty Chilaquiles, a traditional Mexican breakfast that makes an excellent use of leftovers from the night before. Fried tortillas are covered with a sauce, in this case tangy green tomatillo sauce, then topped with ham or shredded chicken. Next time, I would get scrambled eggs with them instead of fried to moderate the juicy sauce. The chicken wasn’t totally wonderful, but the tortillas and the sauce were (wonderful). Mike had the seasoned shredded beef machaca omelet, which was flavorful and probably the best dish we tasted. The price was excellent and we all got up slowly. We had breakfast here the next day, so obviously we were impressed.

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Terrific place for breakfast”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I first came here with a Mexican local, and I make a point to return whenever I visit PV. This place serves a good variety of breakfast foods, and the back garden seating is very pleasant. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a nice, solid breakfast to start the day.

Visited March 2013
wisconsin
“Good food and freindly service.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We always go here a few times for a great breakfast during our winter stay. Food is always good and service is terrific. Great selection of Mexican and back home dishes. And the prices are very reasonable. The best part is they don't give you a card and pander you to write a good review on Trip Advisor like the Mexican Denny's down the street. Go and enjoy a fine breakfast.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Okay breakfast- but just okay”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been visiting Puerto Vallarta for several years for months at a time and had never eaten at Memo's Pancake House until this visit. We frequent Fredys Tucan but figured we would try something new.

We arrived around 11am and had to wait for approximately 15 minutes for a table. Once we were seated, I noticed that there were several opened tables yet people were still forced to wait. Not sure about the point of that.

Tables in the area we sat (in front of kitchen) were very close together. There looks to be a lovely courtyard in the back with tables which would have been a nicer place to sit. I would not choose to sit close to the bustle of the kitchen again.

Service was prompt. Not overly friendly but okay.

Food was alright (we both had eggs benedict). Hollandaise sauce was bland and the english muffin had the texture of white bread, not of an english muffin. Came with some fresh fruit on the plate (watermelon and banana). The coffee was terrible. My husband and I would generally have at least two cups of coffee with breakfast. In this instance, we both struggled to finish one- they both had a significant amount of coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup.

Food portions reasonable given the prices.

I still prefer Fredys Tucan- the coffee is better and the eggs benedict over there are tastier.

Visited March 2013