“Okay breakfast- but just okay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Memo's Pancake House

Memo's Pancake House
Ranked #71 of 981 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Okay breakfast- but just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been visiting Puerto Vallarta for several years for months at a time and had never eaten at Memo's Pancake House until this visit. We frequent Fredys Tucan but figured we would try something new.

We arrived around 11am and had to wait for approximately 15 minutes for a table. Once we were seated, I noticed that there were several opened tables yet people were still forced to wait. Not sure about the point of that.

Tables in the area we sat (in front of kitchen) were very close together. There looks to be a lovely courtyard in the back with tables which would have been a nicer place to sit. I would not choose to sit close to the bustle of the kitchen again.

Service was prompt. Not overly friendly but okay.

Food was alright (we both had eggs benedict). Hollandaise sauce was bland and the english muffin had the texture of white bread, not of an english muffin. Came with some fresh fruit on the plate (watermelon and banana). The coffee was terrible. My husband and I would generally have at least two cups of coffee with breakfast. In this instance, we both struggled to finish one- they both had a significant amount of coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup.

Food portions reasonable given the prices.

I still prefer Fredys Tucan- the coffee is better and the eggs benedict over there are tastier.

Visited March 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good food, great prices. This is the most reasonable restaurant I ate at during the trip. Friendly staff.

Visited March 2013
Washington state
“Superb breakfast in pretty setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful food, excellent service, good prices. If you visit during hot weather avoid the back garden because it is very humid. I think they have Wi-Fi.

Visited December 2012
vancouver
“Hearty Eating..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

At first glance a busy greasy spoon place...but I like it when I see food moving fast from the kitchen....Very good prices and absolute value for money....Big hearty breakfasts -Mexican or American style....Try the Canadian bacon -why they call it Canadian I dont know -cos its more like UK or Danish...hardly any fat.....The menu is very good ,,Omelettes, Waffles pancakes and lots of healthy Youghurt, fruit dishes etc...The gentleman owner is usually at the front desk and is mine host to your table-you pick the table....Try a mug of freshly squeezed orange juice-that will kick start your day....Staff very good and attentive..and loads of coffee on offer....Great value and hearty food in an interesting arty part of town near loads of cheap buses taking you wherever..!!........If you like to eat at a very reasonable place this is it..!!..Open to 3pm only....

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roofingman
Gabriola, British Columbia, Canada
“Pretty good breaky.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I feel a little bad judging this place as just average on one visit. People raved about it. I saw people all around me at other tables chowing down and really enjoying their breakfast. My breakfast was tasty, but not over the top awesome. The service was a tad lacking, it wasn't super clean and the coffee was really awful. That is why it was just average for me. I will, however, go back again the next time I am in PV and give it another shot.

Visited February 2013