“Best Rib Eye Steak!!!!!”
Review of Frida's Kitchen

Frida's Kitchen
Ranked #257 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Best Rib Eye Steak!!!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Had the best Rib Eye Steak this past saturday at fridas!!!!! It was so juicy!!!! Also try the BBQ Ribs!!!!

• Visited September 2012

Mexico
“Affordable and delicious.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Every so often as I walk along Puerto Vallarta's Insurgentes, I look down at a little sign posted outside Frida's Bar. It let's people know what Beto has on special upstairs in Frida's Kitchen. I've had lots of his cooking and it really is fantastic. Frankly, he could be charging a little more, but who's complaining? I've had fish and chips, steak, chicken burgers, egg rolls, pasta, and more... always consistent and always good. It's not typical "bar food" - it's always prepared with care and nice presentation. No complaints.

Visited September 2011
“Three Meals in Two Weeks and I'm Not Done Yet!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Frida's Kitchen is Puerto Vallarta's version of classic pub fare, Mexican style, and it's awesome. I can't think of anything I've ever eaten here that has cost over $10.00. My favorite is Alberto Cueva's, the restaurant's chef, enchilada verde. I order them more than anything else on his menu. His portion is generous, the chicken freshly roasted then shredded into freshly rolled tortillas, sauced with an amazingly pungent salsa verde and topped with a luscious layer of melted cheese. Recently, I succumbed to one of his specialties and must admit that I wish he'd feature them as regular item on his menu I enjoyed them so much: shrimp diablo. Almost a dozen large, succulent shrimp, all expertly deveined, and cooked so as to retain their plump tender texture while standing up to the spicy, piquant, salsa roja that they were bathed in. A simple side of rice and a crisp, green salad made this another generous meal. Alberto has a talent for taking what is familiar to Westerners and making them Mexican in his own unique way, but also taking what is traditionally Mexican and making them appealing to Westerners who may shy away from their comfort zone. Frida's includes many American favorites from the club sandwich to a hamburger with fries, but it's the specials offered here that always intrigue me,and of course, those enchilada verde! (Now, if only I could get Alberto to start making tamales, my life at Frida's would be complete) - Would I come back? I'm not done eating here for this visit yet!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank washwestcc
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“WOW! What a delicious burger!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I LOVE Fridas and Frida's Kitchen! It is a great bar to get together with friends. But I never imagined the food would be so delicious! The Ceasar Salad with fresh chicken was perfectly seasoned and dressed, and THE CHEESEBURGER!!! WOW!!! BEST innexpensive burger in Vallarta!!! Beto is wonderful!!! (And the Enchiladas Verdes were amazing too!) I must tell everyone to visit while you are in town!!!

• Visited August 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The staff were very accommodating and always there to be at your service. The food was exceptional !!

Visited May 2012