“Tasty tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Esquina de los Caprichos - CLOSED

La Esquina de los Caprichos
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Tasty tapas”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The owner is from the Basque country and makes very tasty tapas. When I take friends and family there I order the first 16 items on the menu as nibblers, while everyone is deciding what to eat. There is one small crowded room, but a more recent addition of an outside but protected area that is slightly more spacious.

• Visited June 2013

Rio Rico, Arizona
“Quite a hike, but well worth it.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Food was very good. Maybe that was because by the time we hiked all the way up there, we were starving :) Service wasn't that great - the woman who seemed to be in charge wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy, but that may have been due to cultural differences. It was a fun experience and we would definitely go again when next in PV. Try it - it's worth it.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Foodie's Dream: Best Tapas I've ever had for almost nada”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We headed in a cab to Hacienda San Angel on a recommendation but found it closed. No worries, I bloom where I'm planted, we had seen a tapas place a few blocks down and we walked in there.

We were the only customers, and I had read the reviews from TA wondering if it'd be any good, they were a little mixed- but I couldn't get over it, dish after dish arrived, and like the other reviews say, the charming server told us to stop before we ordered too much.

The space inside is small, but apparently there's a deck over the place, we didn't mind being the only patrons inside though, more food for us.

I got the white sangria (1/2 pitcher for just me) and then ordered the pesto from the 'small bites' area of the menu, followed it with the potato croquettes w/ proscuitto, had the 'omelette', manchego plate and fried cheese w/ chorizo. I was in heaven, seriously.

I could have eaten there for hours if I had room and if it wasn't our last night, I'd have been back many times to try every last item on the menu.

We finished with a light and delicious individual sized lemon pie, perfectly done.

Best 'mistake' I ever made.

• Visited April 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“A litle bit of Spain”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Up above Guadalupe church sits this corner [esquina] where you can sample the couple's authentic dishes from Spain. Come with a couple friends, order 2 plates per person, pass and share. Keep in mind an order of paella - call the day before. Food is tasty and traditional. Take a sip of sangria and close your eyes. Do not miss the papas brava.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gary B
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best Tapas and the nicest owners made our stay memorable.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just a short block away from the apartment that we rented we found La Esquina de los Caprichos. With each meal we would be greeted by the restaurant's gracious host - Miren - and her husband and chef Octavio. We spent many hours over breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked to perfection and made with really fresh ingredients: fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious toasted cheese with mushrooms, chorizo and onions for breakfast, along with Huevos Rancheros and any and all manner of omletts. The lunch and dinner menu featured all the classic tapas offerings: squid, shrimp with garlic, roasted potatoes and more. Lots of inviting desserts. Not to be missed! Open 10 am to 10 pm everyday but Sunday. We brought friends for dinner and they loved it too!

• Visited March 2013