“This is a real special place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Elena

Chez Elena
Ranked #180 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“This is a real special place.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a special restaurant.
On the top floor-there is a open air place which is great for sunsets. It's called El Nido(the Nest). The view is a bit more cluttered than it was -due to one relatively new condo to the southeast(?). The drinks were very good.
As for restaurant-one floor down(from El Nido)-the food is excellent. I would recommend the Chicken Mole.
There are lovely stained glass windows by the washrooms.

Visited January 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Best margaritas”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

After the ordeal that is airport immigration on a Saturday afternoon, I was more than happy to walk up the steps, check into my room, drop my bags, and go back downstairs for my first real Mexican meal in, well, far too long.

I had the special, a meat dish of some sort (sorry, the details are fading from my memory, but I do remember it was quite good), along with a margarita to celebrate my arrival. OMG, that margarita... Huge (use two hands to lift), incredibly tasty, and quite strong. I had another margarita for dessert, then (uh-oh) found it surprisingly hard to crawl up to my room and find something to hang onto. This from two margaritas?

The following couple of nights I went up to El Nido, the rooftop bar, to watch the sunset with the other guests. Both times I again had a margarita (just one each time; I still needed to function), and both times, they were superb. (BTW, El Nido is open to the public, not just hotel guests.)

I've had lots of margaritas in other places around PV, but these may have been the best I've ever had - anywhere.

• Visited March 2012
Austin, Texas
“great for the memories”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We took advantage of the wonderful view from the rooftoop bar and Pina Coladas. It's a tough walk up the hill from the Church. Dining was excellent in years past but we decided to pass because the restaurant looked old and tired.

Visited April 2012
Minn
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This spot has much to offer. A beautiful view from the roof top bar "El Nido" which serves the best margaritas in Puerto Vallarta. Perfect way to view the famous PV sunsets. Then down on level to the intimate garden restaurant that offers a varied menu, good service & excellent food. Have never been disappointed in 15 years.
Andover, MN

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank chouia
Victoria, Canada
“Always Good”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The food is always excellent. Have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. It is quiet and the service is great.

Visited January 2012