“Great dinner at Barcelona”
Review of Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas
Ranked #16 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Huntington Beach, California
“Great dinner at Barcelona”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I was impressed by the great food, service and view at Barcelona. My girlfriend and I came here for a reasonably priced romantic view and we received what we were looking for. The beef skewers were fantastic and the aged ham was very interesting. The waiter was very helpful and the meal was only $40 or so for two people. The highlight was watching the fireworks over the bay.

1 Thank G_in_LA

dubuque, iowa
“Great Food with an Awesome View”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

This restaurant is a must for us every time we go to PV.

The view is one of the most spectacular views in the Bay area! And the food, WOW!

Our favorites are the spicy shrimp and the braised rib with garlic mashed potatoes. Also, the bruchetta is to die for. We've had pretty much every item on the menu and all were great!

One of the best restuarants in PV.

1 Thank summer14u
Austin, TX
“Can't visit PV without eating at Barcelona Tapas!”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Barcelona Tapas is simply the best dining experience in Puerto Vallarta! A co-worker recommended Barcelona Tapas to me prior to my first visit to PV and it is has become a "must do" every time we visit. Our last visit to Puerto Vallarta was for my birthday and I invited 12 of my very good friends to stay with us at Casa Isabel (the absolute best place to stay in PV). For my birthday dinner, we went to Barcelona Tapas and sat on the roof top patio. The service was fantastic, as usual, and the food was incredible. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank JenGraf
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Food with a view”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Barcelona Tapas was the first place that we ate in Puerto Vallarta. It has a great view and the food was really good. I was afraid of the stairs that people had talked about being that my wife is seven months pregnant but they weren't that bad. They are well lit and is an actual staircase that is built really well. While eating dinner in the restaurant we watched kids playing tag below in the neighborhood. It is a place that I would definitely go back to.

1 Thank VegasKen
Houston, Texas
“The best sunset in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I was writing several reviews last night and told my husband that the only review left from our honeymoon was for Barcelona Tapas. He told me that it would take an hour to describe our fantastic meal so that I should probably go to bed and wait for tomorrow. He was probably right!

We planned our dinner so that it would coincide with the Puerto Vallarta sunset. We saved this dinnner for our farewell dinner and it was the perfect ending to a magical honeymoon. The restaurant is situated high up above Puerto Vallarta so it makes for a fantastic view. When we made reservations we requested a seat on the perimeter of the highest level of the restaurant. We were thrilled when that was exactly what we got. The view was incredible.

Of course we had to get the famous sangria. We chose the white wine variety and my husband ended up drinking most of it. He thoroughly enjoyed it, but I prefer my sangria to be much sweeter. We're vegetarian and are met by very limited menus at times, but we felt like we had a huge variety here. This is what we got -

-goat cheese baked in tomato sauce w/ toasted bread
-grilled eggplant & asparagus w/ red pepper sauce
-fried potatoes w/ aioli

We also got complimentary bread, butter, potato salad, and roasted mushroom bisque. Everything was just wonderful. We didn't have one complaint. My favorite was the roasted mushroom bisque and my husband's favorite was the baked goat cheese.

We wanted to get dessert from the food vendors on the malecon so we didn't get any dessert here. However, we were brought out a compimentary iced Bailey's. That was a delightful ending to the meal. Our waiter offered to take our picture and I'm sure they probably take a picture of nearly every table. We also got some of the most beautiful sunset pictures of our entire trip that night.

1 Thank KeelyMS