“A Memorable Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas
Ranked #16 of 998 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washingtonville, New York
“A Memorable Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Barcelona Tapas has now become our new "go to" restaurant in Puerto Vallarta!!!!
We were warmly greeted by our server Juan who right from the begining made us feel very welcomed. He explained the menu, and gave us time to decide on what to have as there are so many yummy choices. Our choice was to try two tapas , and then share the smoked salmon. Well...I can't tell you how wonderful this dinner was...you must go there and find out for yourself!!!
Absolutly delicous!! From the sangria, tapas ( chicken & spicy shrimp), salmon with spinach salad to desert of cream brulee and hazelnut ice cream it was all wonderful, and we left feeling
like "when can we return". The view, the food, the service ,is all excellent..when in Vallarta..make the Barcelona your "go to place" Just Loved it!!!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Deligthfull experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I don´t know if was the tasty and flavored food; the company of my loved ones; that incredible view of downtown Vallarta; the crowd around the tables, or may be the rich fruity wine that William, the owner, just recomend us; or all of it together, what made me feel like nothing else can be better. WE LOVE IT
BIG TIME. Barcelona Tapas- Puerto vallarta #1

Santa Cruz, CA
“My Favorite Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was my second visit to Barcelona Tapas and I have to say that it is my absolute favorite restaurant in Puerto Vallarta! The food is always exceptional. We visited last week with a group of friends and family with varying degrees of gastronomic sophistication (ha!) and everyone was extremely pleased with the food. There were "oohs and awwws" about such dishes as the dates wrapped in bacon, the sauteed spinach, the beet salad, the steak dish, and on and on. My husband and I almost went back a second time in the same week but we decided that it would be better to save it for a return trip to Puerto Vallarta.

The only "down side" to this restaurant is that you have to pay in cash, no credit cards accepted.

1 Thank Morningsatthebeach
Lafayette, California, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent PV restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This delightful spot has wonderful seafood and a stunning view of Banderas Bay. We had the paella and a wonderful shrimp appetizer - the paella for 2 easily fed 3 of us. Service and prices were also excellent

Visited October 2013
Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. /Northern California
“Great views and Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just want to start by saying that for us the stairs to arrive to this restaurant were no big deal. After reading some reviews we were expecting to climb up a mountain or something and it was a simple 3-4 flights of very short stairs.

The restaurant views were beautiful but I definitely recommend an early dinner so that you can watch the sunset. At night it is still nice but not as spectacular.

We had an amazing white wine (the house 'favorite') which was great in the heat. The food was good but not spectacular- the pulpo (octopus) really, really lacked salt and was also filled out with potato. Potato and pulpo textures= not the greatest combo. Should be all pulpo and better seasoned. The other things we ordered were simple and good but if you're looking for something that will delight your palate this might not be the place.

The dessert of profiterole was just ok- one big huge one drowned in chocolate that wasn't all that interesting. Would be better, especially for sharing, to have some small exquisite ones.

But, overall the place totally redeemed itself because the waiters were completely lovely, sang to me on my birthday and brought us an extra flan. The flan should not be missed by anyone who goes to the restaurant, it was truly amazing.

I don't think, for a restaurant at this level, that there should have to be too much emphasis on how clean the kitchen is, as other reviewers have mentioned- it should be a given and not something that has to be proven.

I might go back to order that amazing wine again, enjoy the great service and perhaps try some of the other things on the menu.

1 Thank Nyima B