“Always the best food and service”
Review of Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas
Ranked #14 of 1,032 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
La Verne, California
“Always the best food and service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We once again had the pleasure of dining at Barcelona Tapas. It is one of our most favorite restaurants in Puerto Vallarta as witnesses by our 10th visit. The view from high atop PV is only exceeded by the service; which is only exceeded by the quality of the food. We have never had a bad meal or experience here. If you go, you have to try the Garlic Shrimp served sizzling to your table along with the fantastic Sangria. There is nothing on the menu that is a miss.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Michael R

Long Beach, California
“Worth it for the view”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

On the second night of our trip, we visited Barcelona Tapas. This was a place we had wanted to visit for some time because I love Spanish cuisine and I really love FC Barcelona!

I was a bit disappointed overall, partly because they didn't offer Estrella Damm (or any other Spanish beer, if memory serves) and the tapas were a bit underwhelming. They were good, but I left wanting more.

Certainly the two highlights were the incredible view of PV from up so high, and surprisingly the service was top-shelf. Our server was gracious and accommodating.

I would return again to give them another shot. Again, even if the meal was slightly off the mark, you will be happy because the view is incredible.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank alifeofwander
Hot Springs, Virginia
“FANTASTICAL”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Spanish Restaurant sits on the hillside of PV looking out to the Bay of Banderas, and the sunset....... the menu, in Spanish, and English, is totally Spain, tapas are skewers of different things that several people share, it is friendly and very very good

Visited June 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“great food, amazing views, beautiful people”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I brought my family to this place after my wife and I came during our honeymoon five years ago. They loved every dish that came to the table. Everything was spectacular including the service. Very reasonably priced. The owner David is a good guy too. My infant son was sick for a number of reasons and threw up all over the restaurant couch in front of David. He went above and beyond to the extent he let me in his personal home to clean my son up and told me not to worry about the furniture or anything else. Could highly recommend this place enough.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank manjosa
Springdale, Arkansas
“Fantastic view, food & service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved our visit to Barcelona Tapas. Definitely recommend to all who can climb stairs...it's not treacherous but it is 3 flights up. Views at sunset were unbelievable and the service and food were great. Definitely a must see while in PV. We will be back!

We took a cab there but walked back to the boardwalk after dinner.

• Visited June 2013