“View, service and food...fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas
Ranked #20 of 980 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Mateo CA
“View, service and food...fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my third time back so that tells you something.

Barcelona is located not far from the Malecon area, a 50 peso cab ride from Old Town.

I went there alone this time, unusual for a tap restaurant, and it turned out fine. Getting there prior to sunset allowed me to get both daytime views and night views accompanied by the always spectacular PV sunsets.

Since I was dining alone I ordered a greek salad and only one tapa, a fantastic daily special salmon. Of course I had their wonderful sangria but the wine list is nice too. If you can go with a group, as I have in the past, it is fun, fun, fun to order all kinds of tapas (small plates) and share with the group.

When you get there there will be a lot of stairs to climb so be prepared for that if it's a problem. Trust me though, the view is worth the effort and the food and service stand toe to toe with the view.

A wonderful evening of dining and relaxing and (for me) a post dinner stroll down to the Malecon to walk it all off. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013

Ashland, Oregon
“Food with a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently I went to Barcelona Tapas with a friend, partially b/c of the Trip Advisor reviews, and was not disappointed. The views, ambience and service were amazing. I would rank the food as good to very good, but only b/c I've been in Spain and tasted the real thing. Overall it is one of the best Spanish restaurants I have been to in the New World.

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Fabulous meal and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We are on our last days of a 2 month stay in the Puerto Vallarta area and were looking for a nice place for lunch with friends before going back home. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to go to Barcelona Tapas. We were not disappointed. The 4 of us had looked at the menu online before going to the restaurant and felt like eating paella, but we also wanted to try some of the tapas. The menu is extensive and we asked our waiter for suggestions. We went with the suggestions, a mixture of hot and cold tapas (4) as appetizers while we waited for the paella. Wow! The meal was outstanding and the sangria was excellent. We like to try different restaurants every time we go out, but we loved this place so much, we want to go back and try some of the other items on the menu. Thank you so much for a wonderful meal. Hasta luego!

• Visited April 2013
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been to PVR 10 years now and this was the first visit to Barcelona Tapas. It came reccommended by many people so we thought we would try it. Oh my, it was wonderful! The restaurant is on the hill side overlooking the downtown are and if you time it right you will enjoy a beautiful susnet over the bay. If you make a reservaton you are seated at one of the front tables for a better view. We were told by the waiter to order 2 tapas per person and wow, was it a lot of food! We enjoyed salad for a starter and vaious fish, chicken and beef tapas. All were amazing! I highly reccommend this restaurant, the service outstanding!

• Visited May 2012
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spanish tapas in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Gorgeous views overlooking the downtown area and sunset on the bay. Great tapas, big selection, and good sangria. This place reminds me a lot of one of the best tapas restaurants in Chicago. It is very kid friendly and the service is outstanding.

Visited March 2013