“Glad we tried it - very good first time experience”
Review of Barcelona Tapas

Barcelona Tapas
Ranked #17 of 1,097 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I took my parents to BT to celebrate my father's birthday. We are not seasoned Tapas diners, this was our second time and our first at BT. The food, service and atmosphere was great. We truly enjoyed our meal. We ordered a total of 8 dishes for the 4 of us. They came in no particular order and several came at once. The only improvement suggestion I have is they should only bring 1 or 2 dishes at once so all food is still hot when you get to it. BT was a little pricey compared to our other Tapas experience, but in all a very good restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the second time we have visited Barcelona. The food was great, and the view is spectacular. The prices are a bit high, but are worth it for a special evening.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A great night out! We'll definitely return again next year... With a pitcher of sangria, a lovely started salad, and a steaming dish of freshly-made, perfectly-cooked paella, we couldn't have asked for anything more - and great value for the money, as well. From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel right at home, and the hill-top views are magnificent. An unforgettable experience; make sure you visit Barcelona Tapas before leaving PV!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

As of the week of February 3rd, 2013, quality of food has declined substantially. The A list chefs are no longer there, service has declined, prices of lunch specials have gone up with fewer options. View is still great of course, but no longer worth the hike up stairs with 80 steps to get there.

BarcelonaBill, Owner at Barcelona Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Folks,

I would like to make clear that THIS REVIEW IS FALSE. The quality of the food is consistent and of excellent quality. I am the chef owner and my COOKS HAVE NOT CHANGED in fact the newest one has been with us for 7 years and the other for 10-12 years. We are 8 cooks in total. The LUNCH SPECIAlS ARE EVERYDAY and there are several options with a special price of 99 pesos ( 8.25 dollar) for two plates and 139 pesos ( 11.58 ) for three plates. These prices include the 16 % IVA tax. We still offer the FULL MENU EVERYDAY. Last year we had a special on Tuesdays and Thursdays of Half priced items but we replaced it with our new daily lunch special and it is now every day. The Barcelona Tapas has a proactive guarantee. We will not charge for any dish that the guest does not fully enjoy. Even if it is eaten.
As the chef owner I am available to my clients and encourage my guests to feel free to contact me for anything I can do. My cel number is 322 1357844.

Thank you very much for reading this review,
WIlliam Carballo
322-135-7844 Mexican Cel

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the advice of a friend, knowing almost nothing about Tapas except the name. Ordering to meet your appetite takes a knowledge of this cuisine in order to get the finest dining experience out of it. William Carballo, the proprietor and chef, is a most willing educator and his staff can be very helpful in ensuring that you have the best dining experience possible. Do not hesitate to ask advice from your servers. I have been educated by Mr. Carballo and am grateful to him for it.

Do not miss the opportunity to savour this jewel in the Puerto Vallarta dining spectrum. I will happily return to expand the experience further. The setting is lovely with an excellent view of the setting sun and well worth the climb up the stairs to this hilltop vista!