“Yum!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had the whole fish - sea bass butterflied and served whole. It was amazing! Sit on the patio - great people watching. Beware - everyone is a sales person... a "regular guest" was trying to sell us on all the local attractions...

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

hola
thank you for your great opinon, defenitly you had our specialty!!

we hope see you soon,

There are newer reviews for Mariscos Tino's

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Interesting location; upstairs on a busy intersection. We sat on the terrace for dinner and watched the street activity.
Service was friendly although a little odd at times - when my wife asked a bottle of water, she got the bottle but no glass.
We like to order appetizers but their choices were so limited, that we skipped these and went to the main courses. My wife descibed her fish as good but a little plain. My daughter ordered grilled shrimp which seemed quite good. I ordered mixed seafood skewers and they were not very good. The fish was a little overcooked but the onion was undercooked. I could not detect any marinade - maybe because of the butter coating. All the plates came with baked potatoes and mixed vegetables (cauliflower, etc.) . The food reminded me of mediocre US restaurants from the sixties and seventies.
My family ordered desserts but I decided to cut my losses and just have an espresso to get the butter taste out of my mouth. I put a little sugar in my espresso, and as I started stirring, I could feel something at the bottom of the cuo and when I took the spoon out a gooey off-white blob of something came out too, Not a little, more than could fit on a spoon was in there. Don't know what it was, can't imagine how it could accidentally get there, don't really want to know. Would not eat at this restaurant again as long as there is a Subway in town - you know, the place where you can see what they are putting in your food.

3  Thank iand688
Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

hola
I am sorry about your bad experience in our restaurant, definitively we will talk with the chef and the general manager about it.

We hope that you give us another opportunity

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten at some great places, but Tinos is the BEST. We used to go there when they were in Pitillal, but lost track of them for awhile......WOW, great find again!!! There creative dishes were amazing......Camarones Special Tinos, shrimp in a bechamel and white wine sauce w/spinach, almonds, and bits of bacon. Excellent. I don't recall anyone trying to talk to us about a Timeshare, but that can get annoying. The view, everything was top notch.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

hola
thank you so much for your visit!

we hope see you soon again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Tinos with some local friends of ours, who claimed it was their favourite spot to dine. We were not disappointed! We were treated like family, the service was impeccable, the atmosphere was wonderful; our kids loved the mariachi band who came to play at our table! The food was delicious! We tried the shrimp pasta, the coconut shrimp and my husband had the most delicious ribeye! We all shared a variety of flavoured ice creams that came in coconut shells mangos and corn husks, you have to try the corn ice cream it's amazing! Upon leaving we received warm hugs and many thanks. We will definitely return on our next trip! Muchos Gracias to everyone at Tinos for our beautiful evening! PS, I don't know what everyone is talking about with the timeshares, it was never mentioned to us or anyone around. But I'm sure like every where else a simple no gracias would suffice.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hola
Thank you so much for your opinion, we hope see you soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just read the reviews and was surprised. We never had anyone talk to us about timeshares. We had a great dinner. I had the fish of the day grilled with no sauce. It was mahi mahi and it was delisious. The green mussles were a huge hit at our table and so were the mango coconut shrimp. The bill took forever but we were having a nice time chatting so it was fine.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tino's, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hola
thank you so much for your opinion, we will take ir for be better.