“One of my favorites”
Review of River Cafe

River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,095 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The River Café is a landmark in Puerto Vallarta. Enjoy its cuisine and ambiance with infused flavors for breakfast, lunch or dinner, cared for the friendliest service. By day you'll see this natural setting surrounded by trees, iguanas and birds. At night expect a pleasant evening with the river sounds, candlelight tables, listening to the live music. Visit and enjoy River Café with all your senses!
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy dining at River Cafe each time my husband and I visit Puerto Vallarta... Delicious salads and steak... But most of all the location on the river is magnificent and magical! The service is always friendly and the live music is such a joy to experience! Can't wait to go back to PV and relax at River Cafe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

On the first evening of our most recent trip to Puerto Vallarta, my teenaged daughter and I enjoyed dinner at The River Cafe, on La Isla del Rio Cuale. We were seated in a pavilion above the river, with lush trees creating beautiful dinning decor. The fare was prepared just a s we requested, and the service was charming and very efficient.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a big extended family meal here to celebrate my daughter's wedding day. The service was a little slow but the waitstaff was friendly. The place has a good view of the river and we saw several huge iguanas on nearby tree branches. The food is above average with interesting presentation. I had the club sandwich and it was very good. Others in our party had various Mexican dishes and enjoyed them.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My son and his father had breakfast there, got into the city by bus and enjoyed an amazing meal. Then did some shopping. When they got back, all they could talk about was the food and service. Both were excellent and its in a cool and quiet part of town.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

To celebrate Father´s Day we took a short walk to an island on the River Cuale. The restaurant´s extended gazebo unto the river, gave us privacy and direct contact with the flora and fauna. While colorful, fat iguanas ambled by and white herons swooped up fish, we settled down to a delicious Sunday brunch. The usual buffet fare was made even better by authentic Mexican cuisine, favored by us locals. The service is impeccable from the owner herself to the friendly waiters. But the combination of it all is the magic that happens at the River Cafe. Dinners can also be incredibly romantic with candlelight and live (soft) music.