“They are all WRONG!”

Ranked #576 of 1,072 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Every review I just read about Senor Mister Pepe's restaurant is referring to Pipis, not Senor Mister Pepe's. The names are so closely related to one another that I can understand the confusion. But the fact is that these are two completely different restaurants.

Pipis is a place where large amounts of people go to eat large amounts of food and get very loud and crazy. It is a couple blocks off the Malocon. Basically, an unpredictable atmosphere for dinner which is GREAT, if that is what your after. Great table-side guacamole for sure. Too loud and crazy for me but if you know that going in well then enjoy.

Senor Mister Pepe's is much more mellow than Pipis and very predictable. When you arrive at Pepe's (by cab) its on a steep hill, you will be looking at a stairway to heaven. Literally, the stairway to the front door is steep and quite scarey. Once you get there alive your only concern at that point is getting back down the stairs after dinner and some drinks. Hmmm. Information is King! You have been warned.

This is a must not miss restaurant and I will return once again when I return to Puerto Vallarta on Sept 4th. Really, Senor Mister Pepe's is an experience that will be a lifelong memory for you, the food is to die for and the stairway really isn't that bad, but leave granny at home please

Can't wait to get back, the service is like you are family to them, really

4  Thank Nick K

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food, very nice margaritas. Servings are large so we shared. Tableside guacamole is very great!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant is a little off the path of regular tourists but it is well worth the little trek down the street from the market on the boardwalk of downtown Puerto Vallarta. The service we received when we walked in was excellent. We were tended to like we were royalty and there was 7 of us to deal with. Started with rather large margaritas where the tequila never stopped coming, then came the tortilla chips and 3 different kinds of guacamole for an appetizer. The guacamole was very good, and again the tequila never stopped coming, We all ordered different things but I ordered a meat and cheese style of burrito and I was totally blown away when it was brought to the table. The burrito was MASSIVE! I swear it had to be at least 8 maybe even 10 inches long and 6 inches in diameter! And it was fantastic! I would definitely go to Senor Pepe's for another burrito whenever I am in Puerto Vallarta. Very good place to eat.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wonderful food and drinks! Fast, friendly and nice staff.
Fish was terrific and the guac. superb. Fairly easy to find close to the new malecon! Second trip there, as the first was so good.

2  Thank Funlv1
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Okay I will admitt the Marachi Band is ~Very~ loud at times but the food is among the best I have ever had. I have been here twice now. I love this place. the Supermo Faijita could easily feed two people (if wanted to share). My best friend says they make the best Margaritas, I had one without any booze and it was very tasty. I didn't care for their ice tea but the food is amazing. Go with an appeite... You Won't Be Disppointed!! :)