“The Duck, Oh the Duck”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Some friends recommended the Peking Duck at Peking. We made reservations 24 hours in advace for a duck dinner for my wife and our friends who live part time in PV. The reservation is a must if you want the duck. We arrived on time and were promptly seated. We ordered drinks and a fresh and deep fried egg rolls. They were excellent, the martinis and margarita not so much. My wife finally sent her vodka martini back because it was really watered down. The waiter recommended a cosmo and that was just as bad. This was the only negative that we found here. To avoid the bad bartender order wine or beer and enjoy the excellent food.

Our duck came and it was beautiful. Expertly carved at the table it was server with fresh veggies and plum sauce, it was to die for. I have not had this dish in Peking but I have had it in Hong Kong and this was much better. We filled in with fried rice and a mixed kung pow and it was great.

We were very satisfied and pleased with the meal not to mention stuffed and when the bill came I thought there was a mistake. 1040 pesos only for the meal and drinks for four. What a deal and what a Duck. Just avoid the cocktails. Enjoy

We will be back.

1  Thank Jimboflyguy69

Reviewed January 24, 2013

best chinese food <ive ever had Clean 5 star service Julio looked after us so well Chinese chef who will make to order anything you want Variety of sauces Kum pao chicken to die for Appetizers almost make a meal Quiet great decor Couldnt ask for better Dont miss it then walk to the new pier at the end of the street Taxi service available

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had dinner at the Peking restaurant on 16 Dec, and as always was totally satisfied. I can only echo the comments of others e.g., "The owner is Chinese and makes Peking Duck as good as I've ever tasted anywhere." I make it a point to have the duck dinner every time I visit PV.

The food is very good, is a great value and the service is superb.

I recommend this restaurant without reservation !

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We live here and have enjoyed the Peking Rest. for 10 years. They have the most amazing Peking Duck!! We enjoy the food, the service and especially the fact we can have chinese food here without worrying about getting sick from it!!
I have had birthday parties, New Year's Eve parties any excuse to have a dinner there. Go and Enjoy good food, reasonably priced!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're looking for authentic Chinese food like you eat in the States this is the best I've found in Puerto Vallarta. The owner is Chinese and makes Peking Duck as good as I've ever tasted anywhere. It easily feeds 3 or 4 people along with appetizers. It has an out door balcony to eat on and is clean and pleasant on an evening. The food is fresh, tasty and the sauces are very good. The egg rolls,chow main and egg foo yung very good. On the same block is Archies Wok that is fancier and probably the best Asian food but more expensive and not only authentic Chinese. Service is very good and one waiter speaks good English. Prices are very reasonable. If you feel like a decent Chinese meal it is a very good place to try. I've gone back numerous times.

1  Thank Bob H