“Noise Level”

Ranked #119 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Oscar's, located in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, at the western tip of the island of the Rio Cuale, where the river meets the sea; you can enjoy the natural beauty and wildlife of Puerto Vallarta while you delight with our gourmet traditional Mexican dishes, as well as featured dishes from other parts of the world. Restaurant Oscar's strives to provide a memorable and lasting experience... no need to rush your visit, take your time; enjoy the scenery, ambiance, our quality service, and amazing cuisine ... undoubtedly you will have unforgettable experience!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant does not care about surrounding residents-they blast out LOUD singing both morning and from 9PM to 2AM-last night I had to shut doors and windows. I have no idea why these people thing they sing to the whole river!

1  Thank Edward W

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stopped by here for lunch to escape the crowds on the malecon. We usually try to eat where the locals eat not something as touristy-aimed as this but I was pregnant so we had to stick to something that looked like it was catered to foreigners. We had the calamari appetizer. Calamari was ok but the sauce was a terrible mix of mayo/tartar sauce. My husband had the burger and I had the shrimp sandwich. The fries that came with both of those meals reminded me of school cafeteria food from my childhood. I've never had such terrible fries. The tiny five shrimp that came in my shrimp sandwich were not deveined. I'm sorry, you can't call yourself a "fine restaurant" and not perform such a basic culinary task at your restaurant. When I mentioned this to the waiter he just looked at me and walked away. This lunch experience ended up costing us nearly $50! We left quite disappointed.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate after shopping the central market! Beautiful ocean view with a breeze! The food was great!! The waiter was fun and paid special attention to us! He brought me a special drink with apple soda, grey goose, champagne, kiwi, and basil. It was Fabulous! Great prices! A must eat place for lunch !

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The woman acting as a hostess is actually trying to sell tours - as if we don't get enough unwanted sales pitches while walking down the street, now we get one on the way to our table! The calamari appetizer was pretty terrible, and the grilled shrimp sandwich was unremarkable. Not the fresh, quality seafood you would expect in PV. (I had cheaper, fresher, tastier shrimp from a taco stand.) The staff started the meal great! As it went on, they seemed to lose interest in our table and it took 10 minutes to get the bill after it was requested. Then it was wrong. We finally got an accurate bill on the third attempt, after we went to stand at the bar, indicating our impatience. Save your money and go somewhere else unless you are only looking for atmosphere and alcohol.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped for a rest had appys and drinks Hostess was nice staff was nice but when we left we left tip 44pesos approx 10% we only ordered a drink for each of us and our kids we ordered super basic appy nachos so no real service provided. But when he saw the tip he said this is not 16% we threw in 1$ US and left. We were there all but 20 min and the waiter only came to take order and drop off drinks and food. We normally tip very well but usually comes with axing service