Tripadvisor

Ranked #131 of 1,317 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We go to Coco’s often at Happy Hour. We love the cleanliness of the facility, great service, great food. Awesome sunset location.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (383)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Tonight we returned to Coco Tropical for dinner, as we had been here a few nights ago and enjoyed our best meal yet.The hostess, Rosie, was delightful. Very organized and welcoming. Our server, Lena, was attentive and friendly. We enjoyed our evening up until my entree arrived. I had ordered the Ocean Trilogy again, as I’d ordered it previously and really enjoyed it. My dish arrived and I was disappointed to taste it was very salty. As well there were some shredded green stems on top of the dish which were unchewable. I tried to eat but it was just too salty. I spoke to my waiter, who in turn spoke to someone else who came to me to discuss. He left and next the owner and head chef, Heinz, came to the table. He challenged me and said I must have salted the dish because the kitchen had not salted it. I said no, I never salt my food. He came close to calling me a liar at that point. If his attitude wasn’t enough at this point, he brought out a little dish with sauce from my dish. He gave it to my partner and challenged him to taste it and see if it was salty. What a slap in the face to me. As if my opinion isn’t valid, he thinks my date might agree with him? My date refused to taste it. The chef stormed away- Misogynistic, arrogant and badly behaved. We’d had a nice evening except for the boorish behaviour from the owner. He could have just apologized but his ego couldn’t cope. We were all surprised to see his complete lack of customer service.
His staff are great, and our waitress, Lena, was wonderful. In the end, my meal was taken off the bill.

Date of visit: January 2020
Cocotropical2013, Owner at Coco Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Your comment is written exactly as it happened. If something is bad or salted, we change the dish or serve something else. But we didn't learn anything from this review, we tried "The Triology", in fact it wasn't salted. They don't want a replacement and in the kitchen there was doubt about the reason.
But if a guest does not want something or wants something else, we are happy to change it. We were surprised that you didn't want anything else and just conspired of a salted sauce.
The reduced green stem is "fried leek straw", just like the first time.
According to the rules, we do not charge any return shipping costs, whether good or bad.
I promise you that my manners will improve next time and I hope that our cooks will satisfy your taste buds.

Best regards
Heinz

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Featuring international cuisine and a popular happy hour this is our favorite restaurant. The Pepper Steak in Burgundy sauce is delicious and perfectly cooked. Happy hour features a different tapas everyday for only 100 pesos. The Osso Bucco is outstanding on the best mushroom rissotto. The Spinach salad is spectacular.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

The service, food, employees, drinks, and location were impeccable. Our waitress Lina was very affectionate and made sure we had a great time!!!

The trilogy of seafood was amazing !!

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Our favourite in PV. Wonderful people and service. Great food, super location right on the beach, perfect for whale watching and sunsets. Happy Hour is wonderful.

Date of visit: December 2019