“Never disappointing ”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Basilio Badillo and Manuel M. Dieguez
Description: If you enjoy European sidewalk cafés and fine continental cuisine, this award-winning eatery evoking Old Vienna at its heyday is sure to charm you. A longtime Vallarta favorite, Austrian owner Andreas Rupprechter named the place in honor of fellow countryman, Mexico’s former emperor. And Maximilian himself would have loved dining here, perhaps, choosing hearty comfort food like Wienerschnitzel with potatoes and Austrian salad. Or delving into gourmet renditions of contemporary European fare, like Duo of duck breast and duck confit with Spätzle, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. And while the menu is constantly being tweaked, it’s nice knowing that some things don’t change, and for a dozen of years we’ve been able to count on enjoying our favorite plates here. So whether dining al fresco with unparalleled people watching, or in an intimate, air-conditioned, Old World milieu, when a fabulous meal or just a perfect pastry and a special coffee is what you crave, this is the place to be.
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant many times over the years because we like the food and sidewalk dining experience. I love to people watch as whip eating. We split a Caesar salad and I ordered what I always get, Wiener Schnitzel. The food was authentic and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Alfresco dining or indoor available. We sat outside along the quiet cobblestone streets. Very attentive service. Menu has great central European dishes we loved. Located near the Los Arcos hotel and easy to find.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed January 6, 2019

We ate at Kaiser Maximilian's three times...the service was good and the food was amazing. It is right on the main street, so if you like to people watch, it's a great location.

Reviewed December 21, 2018

Just made reservations for NYE for myself and friends. The food is wonderful, service is superb, and if you are lucky enough to be served by Jesus, you have hit the jackpot. Can't wait to celebrate NYE with you!

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

I have to say this place exceeded my expectations! The French onion soup was top notch, try it. My wife ordered the chicken with vegetables on mashed potatoes and said it was delicious- it did look amazing- but I was too focused on my fantastic Wiener schnitzel dinner plate and the fresh house bread - so good!
If you have room, the creme brûlée and a special ice coffee with 43 liquor- something new to me and I’m so glad I tried it. Thank you Jesus for your suggestions and excellent service. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow..

1  Thank BackCountryBurton