“Excellent Breakfast”

Fredys Tucan
Ranked #20 of 1,072 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: A casual place with typical Vallarta Mexican and international food, good selection of coffee and bakery, strategically located in the downtown area in the romance area.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Fredys has wonderful homemade baked goods, delicious mexican or american style breakfasts and a full bar. Expect to have a brief wait for a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,240)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been going to Fredys Tucan for years, the food and service is always excellent. When
I come to PV Fredy's is always the first place I go to eat. Enjoy breakfast and lunch several times on every trip. Highly recommended, sometime you may have to wait a short time for a table but it is worth the wait. That is another sign everyone enjoys their food and service.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

So today I decided to give Fredy's another go after an average experience a few days ago. This visit served only to solidify my notion that the competition down the street is a much better value in terms of both food and service. The plate I received (huevos al gusto) was not as listed on the menu, and upon asking the server for my missing hash browns, I was given a half-hearted apology and an excuse that the potatoes were soggy. There was no offer of a solution nor a replacement for the missing part of my meal, and then he brought a menu over and tried to convince me that I wasn't even supposed to receive them (due to poor translation). So I sipped my coffee and kept quiet.

By chance I decided to bring my laptop to breakfast, so here I sit, writing my review. Now for the funny/sad part...the owner just happened to be sitting at the next table, having breakfast with his family. He glanced over and saw the "average" rating on my computer screen and quickly came and introduced himself. He was very nice, but when he practically begged me to not post the review, I must say the experience went sour. It is for this reason that my review received a "poor" instead of an otherwise deserving "average".

Long live good AND bad reviews, as long as they're honest...that's the whole point of this, right?

3  Thank Jesse A
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We've already eaten here twice and will eat here again! The reviews on here aside, we were impressed by the number of locals who also ate here. This will suit everyone's needs, from those looking to try local food, or those looking for more familiar breakfast/brunch offerings. Staff are extremely friendly, could not ask for more!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent 3 months in PV this year, and had wonderful breakfasts at Freddy's !!! I promised Freddy to write on Trip Advisor, but kept forgetting. What a treat this restaurant is. Firstly, the greeting by Freddy and his staff make you feel welcome from the start. Seated, coffee is served, and the waitor comes around for your order. All staff have a smile, are accommodating, and speak English really well. Breakfast is served .... no matter what you order, from eggs, to pancakes, everything is fresh, and homemade. No Aunt Jemima pancakes here. Apart from the restaurant, Freddy sees you on the street, he remembers your name and greets you !!! Just a great establishment, and worth breakfast there ... See you this year Freddy ....