“Pedro IS the best”
Review of The Blue Shrimp

The Blue Shrimp
Ranked #140 of 1,302 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Blue Shrimp Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta is the best seafood restaurant in the area, long time established. Situated off Olas Altas Beach, on the ocean with spectacular daily view of the sunset, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant is a fun atmosphere with occasional live entertainment, under a large palapa roof and ‘boat-deck’ feel. Open for lunch and dinner, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant serves mouth-watering seafood and shrimp concoctions that you cannot find anywhere else! The restaurant is a great place to bring the family, celebrate a birthday, romantic dinner, or special event. Come sit down with us, right at the end of the Malecon and feel the breeze of the Banderas Bay, it’s Shrimply The Best!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and view on beach front tables or lounge chairs, the margaritas were delicious and the beach vendors have delicious fresh oysters

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed June 14, 2019

Pedro was one of the best servers ive ever had in Mexico. Recommended a great beer and was so COMFORTABLE to talk to and deal
with. Couldn’t have been the same without him! Come to this place food is great and service is even better!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I admit that I normally start my trip to PV by going to our old favorite LaPalapa. After three meals there, I wandered over to The Blue Shrimp, and having forgot why I don't immediately think of this as a go to place in PV, the Service, Food, and ambience quickly reminded me why I came here.
I was on a couples plus one trip with my wife and her girlfriend, and while they were out doing "their" thing one afternoon ... I decided to do an early dinner here.
The drink list had me discover new cocktails ... very exciting to not have the same old vacationer frozen drink as I was served something new and different, and not unlike a new cocktail invention out of New York.
My Seafood meal was freshly caught, cooked just enough to still be flaky and delectable. An accompanying salad was unique, freshly prepared, and offered another new dressing flavor that was inspiring.
One best of category aspect, is the restaurant does not have "on the sand" dining on their ocean front location. Bad in one respect, but wonderful at the same time, as I did not have the HASSLE of other nearby restaurants whereby beach vendors were hocking their wears every two minute. No Gracious. I do not pay these medium to high USD meal prices like at LaPalapa to have to constantly shue away beach sales-people. Bless their need to sell items to create needed cash to survive on, but honestly ... if I want something ... I will approach "them". When I go to a restaurant, I do not intend to "shop", I simply wish to eat, dine, and enjoy the restaurant ambience. The Blue Shrimp gave me this respite from constant hard selling ... thankfully. In addition ... the beach in front of The Blue Shrimp, only three blocks from LaPalapa and the Pier hectic location, is comparably quiet and more serene.
I give this place a thumbs up.
Oh ... I did bring the two girls with me two days later to have lunch here, however it was completely closed due to the understandable palapa roof replacement project going on for two days. We will return again to dine under their brand new palapa roof.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

Great food and great drinks, got 4 stars because it is a little expensive. I felt like i was paying Chicago prices for food and drink!

Reviewed June 1, 2019

A couple of friends recommended the Blue Shrimp and after several trips to PV we decided to give it a try. It's at the South end of the Malecon and worth the trip. We sat on the covered terrace at the beach and watched a fabulous sunset. The coconut shrimp was outstanding and the service was excellent. We'll be back on our next visit to PV.