“Great view. Food blah”
Review of The Blue Shrimp

The Blue Shrimp
Ranked #55 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Blue Shrimp Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta is the best seafood restaurant in the area, long time established. Situated off Olas Altas Beach, on the ocean with spectacular daily view of the sunset, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant is a fun atmosphere with occasional live entertainment, under a large palapa roof and ‘boat-deck’ feel. Open for lunch and dinner, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant serves mouth-watering seafood and shrimp concoctions that you cannot find anywhere else! The restaurant is a great place to bring the family, celebrate a birthday, romantic dinner, or special event. Come sit down with us, right at the end of the Malecon and feel the breeze of the Banderas Bay, it’s Shrimply The Best!
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times as our hotels offer a 2 for 1 special. It's overpriced and portions are all over the place. I find on the norm in PV salads and proteins are too small and carbs are loaded up.
Anyways, we had 7 people all ordering diff things. Overall it was mediocre. Their shrimp are lovely but the sauces to accompany tasted thrown together and not quite right.
Besides the lovely view, there isn't much to boast about.

1  Thank Iansgirl79
Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I bought some cigars in town and wanted to smoke one on the beach after dinner. The Blue Shrimp was recommended to me so I went there. They put tables out on the beach in front of the actual restaurant and the service was always prompt. I ate plates of huge shrimp, smoked a beautiful Cuban and washed it all down with a never ending string of cold beers.

I met some other travelers and we ended up hanging out and watched the sunset then went up to the bar and listened to the band play. Just a great place.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to this beach-front restaurant. This time, I ordered a medium order of shrimp made "estilo scampi" and I left with a big smile. Service was really good on this particular visit, too. On this quite hot day, I ordered a "agua mineral" and once the ice melted in my glass, the waiter automatically brought a new glass with fresh ice and poured the liquid contents of my old glass into the new. That impressed me. This place is a bit on the expensive side but it's well worth a lunch or dinner during a week-long visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I called my resort's concierge to make a reservation for us at our favourite restaurant, Blue Shrimp. I asked them for a table along the beach edge of the restaurant so we'd have a nice view of the ocean and beach activities during dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant, it turns out that they brought a table out onto the beach and fully set it up with a beach umbrella, tiki torches and a "No Thank You"/"No Gracias" sign for the peddlers who keep coming by.

The servers (we had about three) were very attentive. Our drinks were great (and they keep pouring the tequila at your table until the margarita is just to your liking). The Portugese Shrimp is AMAZING! It's rich and decadent (bacon wrapped huge prawns with cream cheese and dip all on a skewer arranged on a half papaya with the dip in the middle). This is what we keep coming back for each year.

At the end, they also brought us complimentary Kahlua and cream (I think?).

Still our favourite restaurant in Puerto Vallarta.

1  Thank geerdad
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Beautiful view, awesome margarita, good service, and the best shrimp! Get a table on the beach at sunset...gorgeous!