“Good Food..”
Review of The Blue Shrimp

The Blue Shrimp
Ranked #139 of 1,124 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Blue Shrimp Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta is the best seafood restaurant in the area, long time established. Situated off Olas Altas Beach, on the ocean with spectacular daily view of the sunset, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant is a fun atmosphere with occasional live entertainment, under a large palapa roof and ‘boat-deck’ feel. Open for lunch and dinner, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant serves mouth-watering seafood and shrimp concoctions that you cannot find anywhere else! The restaurant is a great place to bring the family, celebrate a birthday, romantic dinner, or special event. Come sit down with us, right at the end of the Malecon and feel the breeze of the Banderas Bay, it’s Shrimply The Best!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food was good and I would recommend it unless you are on a budget. I found it to be overpriced (using menu side-by-side comparison) when looking at our other favorites. When taking in the beach, the ambiance of the restaurant, live music, etc. the cost doesn't seem too bad :).

1  Thank Sr_Blanco
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We also tried to go to Daiquiri Dick's and found that they were closed until the next week. Pouring down rain and soaked, the people from Blue Shrimp saw us and asked if we would come to their restaurant. I didn't even know the name of the restaurant because I couldn't see through my wet glasses.

After drying off (they gave me a couple of cloth napkins), ordered a couple of drinks. I ordered a margarita which they bring and then ask if you want a "topper" of tequila...keep going...thank you.

Ordered quacamole which is prepared tableside. We also had the tortilla soup which arrives with the dry ingredients and then they come with the soup. This is accompanied by queso fresco, sour cream and chicharrones on the side. Very good.

We ordered shrimp entrees, the wife had a bacon/cheese shrimp and I had the tequila shrimp. My wife's entree came to the table flaming. Both dishes were well prepared.

Service was attentive. They also have tableside music (we passed). It was at night so we really couldn't see the view but it is a beachside location. Overall, we were very pleased with this restaurant.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went to The Blue Shrimp a couple nights ago and trully enjoyed it. Their filet mignon was delicious, but the vegetables were a little bit too al dente (almost raw). The chocolat cake was good and the capacino was ok. They have a fabulous entertainer every night!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I didn't eat here but stopped for a drink while walking the beach with friends. They had beach tables, as well as inside tables. It was really hot and beach tables were in direct sun so we sat 'inside' but establishment is all open so it was still perfect. Drinks were large and amazing!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Blue Shrimp was restaurant #1 on our Sept. 12th restaurant safari adventure. We decide to eat here because Daiquiri Dick's (our first choice) was closed until Oct. 1st. We arrived about 3pm and were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. We sat right by the beach and ordered margaritas and guacamole & chips. The guacamole was made right at the table and it was some of the best guacamole I've had. Even thought the margaritas were good they were pricey and we regretted not ordering beer instead.

The beach vendors were pretty persistent and would come right up to our table. It got to the point that I just waved my hand no and then they walked on. Of the 4 restaurants we ate at in PV (besides the Dreams PV restaurants), I rated this one number 4 out of 4.