“Best View in Vallarta and Elevated Food Quality”
Review of El Panorama

El Panorama
Ranked #104 of 1,039 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Josefa Ortiz de Dominques & Matamoros
Description: Our establishment opened its doors in 1973 and has maintained its reputation as one of the premier restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Our view is unrivaled in Vallarta as we are located on top of Hotel Suites La Siesta on a hillside 4 blocks from the beach and boardwalk (malecon) in the very heart of El Centro. We have two rooftop terraces and two indoor salons that have commanding views of the entire Bay of Banderas and city with its array of red tiled rooftop. Our menu is international and features flambe cooking right at your table as well as our unique caesar salad, desserts and flamming coffees. Our restaurant is rich in history and tradition and should be part of what all tourists are looking for: good food, service and that special ambiance.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Without a question, El Panorama has the best view in all of Vallarta. Be there by sunset. It went through some rough times, but apparently they have a new chef and he has brought in many new menu items and shows great care. This trip I had a steak and stuffed shrimp. The steaks are a little thin so getting them rare is hard. I suggested to the waiter to provide thicker cuts. My wife had the duck breast a l'orange and the flavor was outstanding. We split an escargot for and appetizer, which is simply made in garlic butter and served with melt in your mouth bread. Sp;lit the caesar salad made table side and finished the night with a "Cucaracha" - a flaming shot of tequila and kahlua. Not many people there, but I think word will get out quickly that they are back expediting high quality food.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

El Panarama is my favorite restaurant anywhere. We had reservations in January with friends and were not disapointed. The city view is amazing and makes for a wonderful asmosphere. Make sure you get there before sunset and visit the patio upstairs for pictures. The service was wonderful and our waiters extremely attentive. I had the fillet and it was perfectly prepared. Order the "sexy coffee" as it adds to the evening.

1  Thank Daryn C
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went for a sunset dinner here and were given a beautiful table overlooking Bandaras Bay. The view was spectacular! Not to be outdone by the view the food and service were excellent as well. We had gotten a recommendation to go here from our hotel which gave us a free special coffee which was prepared tableside with a great show.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I come here since I was 8 with my parents, now I do it with friends and family. The ambience, service and food are always top notch! order de scargot!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Such a beautiful restaurant. The concierge at the hotel recommended it. I was alone and it was quite a long cab ride from my hotel. Imagaine my surprise when I found I was the only one there on December 26th. The place is huge and my biggest mistake was going after the sunset. I hear the view is magnificent then. The host was lovely and the chef really outstanding. Who would even dream they would go to such a place and be the only one there. I think everyone was recovering from Christmas Day. Wonderful food, beautiful view....just don't go alone...Lonely :-(

1  Thank GloriousGardenia