“We loved it & can't wait to go back!”
Review of Casa Panoramica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Panoramica
Ranked #11 of 71 Puerto Vallarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Our experience was wonderful! We received great service from the initial emails with questions, through booking, arrival, our entire stay and send off. This place is incredible and affordable.
The house is beautiful and we really enjoyed meeting the couple who takes care of the villa, Don & Sheri. They made sure we had anything we could possibly want and assisted us in booking any tour or activity that we wanted to do. It is perfectly located within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, shopping, adventure tour office where we caught the bus for our zip lining tour, the spa where we got a massage, and anything else just catch one of the cabs that sit at spot just around the corner from the driveway al most all day. Also Don & Sheri will call you a cab anytime you need one. A cab ride to the Malacon was only about $5 us and all the way to the port and airport area is only about $25 us.
We stayed in the canopy suite. The bed was very comfortable. Nice soft sheets. The view from the balcony is great. you can see the bay, the church, lots of beautiful city scape, and the fire works at night. One of the main roads is near the house but it really was not that busy most of the time and the sound was not an issue. The room as well as the rest of the house is decorated with traditional Mexican furniture and decor. The center of the house is open with lots of tropical plants. The living room has a large flat screen TV, not that we watched anything, to many other great things to do. The kitchen had nice granite counter tops and a large refrigerator. The open area of the dining room, kitchen and living room was fully stocked with anything you could need and everyone is welcome to use it as their own. Kevin, my husband, even played the house guitar some and noticed there were even extra strings for it. The views were great from every space in the house. Up stairs there is also a sun deck with the same great views.
The house has a gate at the entrance for security. Not that we ever felt like we needed to be protected. We felt very safe everywhere we went. The intimate pool and bar area was a great place to relax in the afternoon and watch the sun set. The bar had a small fridge for beer storage. We received a cold one on arrival. We were very impressed with the house, the staff, the cleanliness, the service, and everything about our stay. The house was big enough that we really felt like we had it to ourselves and still intimate and easy to get around. Breakfast every morning was fresh fruit, pastries, juice, coffee and cereal. One morning Sheri surprised us with homemade chilliquelas (not sure of the spelling), a traditional Mexican breakfast. It was yummy!
We took two tours. Los Verarnos Canopy Tour, half a day, 14 platform zip-lining tour. Highly recommend it! We have zip-lined before and this was the best one we have been on yet. They bus you to this beautifully lush jungle site on clear river full of granite rocks, you get your gear and safely instructions from the fun staff and then hike up to your first platform. You zip though the jungle area and over the river finally coming to the end at the restaurant and bar area where you can eat and drink while you enjoy the view or go for a swim in the river. We even bought the DVD that was made of our group. It was worth the extra cost to have that fun memory on video and the video is edited with some great music too. Don't forget to bring extra money and clothes in case you want to hang out and swim. They let you catch one of the many buses leaving at different times depending on how long you want to hang out and enjoy the area after the zip lining.
We also went on the rhythm of the nights tour by Vallarta Adventures. We took a cab ride back to the port area (near the air port were you most likely arrived when you got the town) and then they put you on a good size party boat with quite a few people. We meet a nice couple from our area of the county. Snacks and free drinks are served on your cruise over the the area for the diner and show. On the boat you travel along the coast passing all the hotels and things along the beach. It is a great chance to get to look back and see everything from the water. The boat arrives on a remote beach that is decorated with lots of interesting touches. The show was incredible. It had drums and other music, ancient native costumes, dance and acrobatics and fire. After the amazing show we followed the path light by candles and torches to a great diner served at a small candle light table on the beach. There were many others but the way it was set up was very intimate. The food was terrific. The only draw back of this trip was how late we got done but it would not have worked out as magically with the sun set and the candle light diner if it would have started any earlier. It was a great trip.
All the restaurants we ate at were great. Coco's kitchen, was one of my favorites. It had a very interesting menu.
When you walk from the house down to the beach, get on the beach and go left. If you go far enough past the seahorse statue you can take a path over a big rock to a very secluded beach area. The view from the top of the rock made for some great photos and the beach area on the other side was a great escape from the vendors.
We really enjoyed our stay at this B&B in the old town Vallarta area. We can't wait to go back!
Only one warning, if you have any trouble walking a lot or climbing stairs this would not be a good choice for you. The whole Vallarta area would be difficult for you if you have any type of trouble with climbing stairs. This is not a very accessible city for a physical handicap. We enjoyed the exercise and found it a refreshing change from the flat area of the coast of Texas that we are from.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank airwlk2613

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Casa Panoramica is my first choice in PVR. The views are amazing and the people who run the place could not be more hospitable. My fiance and I spent a week there. While it wasn't our honeymoon, it sure felt like it: relaxing atmosphere, a chef and massage therapist can be brought in--a must. If you don't want a big hotel where you're just a number and a dollar sign, try this beauty in the romantic district... a very manageable walk to the beach and great restaurants, cabs are easy to get to the new side of town, and it's just far up enough to provide the views you imagine. If you go, say hi to Sherri and Don from Jeff and his bull :-)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wordguru
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Amazing views! Excellent location, in old PV.

Clean rooms (Maria the amazing!) gorgeous pool and lounge area, and plenty of space for everybody throughout the four floors. Guava, banana, orange, papaya, and lime trees in the front yard! Whale watching in late fall, right from the balcony! Five minute walk to the beach and numerous fantastic restaurants.

The hosts are excellent, extremley hospitable, who have a wealth of knowledge and experience with the local life. Thank you for the truly amazing experience!

Peace Love and Happy Travels!

Mike and Hillary
Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

When I was researching my trip to Puerto Vallarta, I must have checked out about 100 hotels. I placed on the street map and read all details and comments about 30 of these, but could not find the perfect spot for me to stay.

My list of desired criteria wasn’t that long: a location in old town and a balcony with an ocean view, but as I read more, I added a couple of new requirements: a bed that wasn’t as hard as a rock and not so much noise that it was hard to sleep at night. My in-depth search was frustrating. Then I realized that Trip Advisor had another category that I had not yet looked at--B & B accommodation!

Casa Panoramica had everything that I wanted. I was thrilled to find, and then stay in the lovely Canopy Room, with its comfy king-sized bed, spacious set of drawers, dressing table with mirror, large closet, airy and open bathroom, and the large balcony with the sweeping view of the Bay of Banderas. The balcony doors were double paned to keep out any unwanted noise. There was both a ceiling fan and air conditioning. And yes, we did actually see the whales playing from the balcony.

As many others have noted, the house itself is spectacular. It is so beautiful with its indoor fountain, artwork, and Mexican crafts, yet you can feel right at home. It was a treat to get out of bed in the morning and go out in my pajamas to get my morning coffee, which would be waiting for me in the fully equipped kitchen.

Casa Panoramica’s location is superb. It is a short walk to Los Muertos Beach, as well as to all the numerous shops and restaurants in the bustling south side neighbourhood. If you want a taxi, one always seemed to appear within seconds of stepping onto the end of the driveway, although in ten days we only used a taxi for the airport trips, as it was so easy to walk everywhere and to travel by local bus. The walk back up the hill to come home is not onerous; rather it is a gentle climb over the space of a few short blocks. There is a convenience store across the street, which is very handy for picking up things like yogurt, ice cream treats, snacks, soft drinks, beer and my favourite, Margaritas in a can, which only cost about one dollar.

Now mentioning Margaritas makes me think of the pool at Casa Panoramica. I am not much of a pool person, but I especially loved this one. Beautifully done in Mexican tile, it was just the right size and temperature for a refreshing dip. Then you can relax on the loungers surrounded by palm trees and tropical plants, Margarita in hand, and watch the sunset over the bay. Heavenly.

Owners Mike and Christine are lovely people and answered all my enquiries promptly and thoroughly. Booking and payments went extremely smoothly. Managers Sherri and Don are also a treat, lots of fun and anxious to ensure that your holiday is just as you want it. Housekeeper Maria keeps everything clean and shiny and her sunny smile is a delight to see in the morning.

Book Casa Panoramica on your next holiday, you will not be disappointed. We can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank pumpermum
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Casa panoramica is a great B&B. Had a great time. The couple who runs the place, Don and Sherri, are great and fun to talk with, as are the owners, Christine and Mike. Very friendly and very hospitable. It was nice to be in a quieter part of town but still only a couple of minutes' walk from everything. Air conditioning, free wifi, free local and long distance calls, pool. Coffee, juice and pastries in the morning. Would definitely stay here again. I stayed here with a buddy, but could see also coming with romantic interests or family.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I just want to start off by saying that the pictures of this B&B do not do it justice. Casa Panoramica is a beauty of a property. Clean spascious rooms , and the most beautiful views. I was fortunate to stay in the 2 bedroom 3 bath villa .The Villa allows additional privacy and a well equiped kitchen . The large roof top provides an outdoor dining area and chaises to enjoy the spectacular Mexican Riviera sunsets. I also enjoyed the convenience of the swimming pool and bar area. A very safe location Casa Panoramica is walking distance to the arts, music, magnificent food, night life, shopping, spa, water recreation, and beach. There is so much to do in this area that I was not able to do and see everything of interest in one visit. I also found the management to be attentive and quite helpful when needed. I would definately stay at Casa Panoramica again. I have been to numerous bed and breakfasts and have traveled to many destinations - this rates right up there! Everything to do or nothing at all....it's your choice! Chau!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank creshia
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband was on business and I was on FUN! What a beautiful view. The view is not only spectacular (ie. their name) but the location is great! Everything including the beach is a short walk. Obviously with a view such as this, you must be okay with a bit of a climb. It's so worth it! Any hotel with a view like this would hit your pocketbook for at least $200 more! I loved the cosy atmosphere and the great hospitality that Christine displayed! I think were done with big resorts!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple