“Great time at the Westin!”

The Spa at The Westin Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Did 4 days here and it was amazing. Booked an ocean view room and couldn't be more happy. Beautiful water and beaches were right downstairs from the hotel. The pool area was great as well. The location couldn't be better as it is only a couple minutes from the airport, a short walk to the marina, and a cheap cab ride to downtown. Didn't have any problems with the room as I only used it to shower and sleep. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We did a fabulous couples massage and both therapists were fantastic, however I found that the woman's hot tub was too cool, sauna was to cool and the menthol in the steam room burned my eyes. Great treatment but ammenities need to be tweaked.

1  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Very relaxing massage. Made you very comfortable. When taking a shower afterward the drain seemed to be clogged.

Reviewed December 23, 2010

My husband and I are first time travelers to PV, Mexico. We chose the Westin because we had stayed at other Westin resorts and felt that they had good quality. The only thing I wish the Westin could add to their rooms would be microwaves. Everything there is so pricey, you have to pay for the coffee, the water; and it's expensive too!..it's unbelievable. But other than that, the hotel seemed to be well kept, the grounds were BEAUTIFUL, the pools were great, not to many people there to feel like overcrowding, it was right by the beach. There were a lot of people who will walk up to you and have you buy their items but if you tell them, "No, Gracias" they leave you alone. The hotel service guy standing at the entrance to the hotel was very nice, (His name was Pedro). He gave us good tips on where to go and eat, and was very personable. Always greeted us when we were leaving or returning to the hotel. Our room was on the 8th floor with an oceanview. Everyday we would see cruise ships coming in and leaving. There were always beautiful sunsets too. Our housekeeper was very nice, sweet and very polite (her name was Carmen). Instead of eating at the hotel, which was quite expensive, my husband and I walked 2 times a day to the marina which had many delicious restaurants to choose from. All had very good food and good service. Overall, my husband and I had a great time. It was very safe and the mexicans were very nice and hospitable. The only bad thing I would have to say is just to watch out for the timeshare people. They were almost everywhere. When my husband and I got off the plane and were looking for our ride to the hotel, we had to go through the throng of timeshare people. It being our first time there, we didn't know who they were until the guy mentioned that he would be picking us up from across the street from our hotel. That's when it dawned on me that he was a timeshare guy.

Reviewed December 12, 2009

We just returned from a week in Puerto Vallarta. We flew in a day early and instead of staying at the resort we booked for the week, we decided to stay at the Westin for the night.
I chose it because of the Architecture of the Buildings and because of the Pink paint scheme,this was after all a trip for my daughters 14th Birthday with friends and I thought they would get a kick out of the pink hotel , which they did. A HUGE disapointment with the rooms though. I had read other reviews and some had mentioned the dillapadated quality of the rooms and they are Correct. I had asked for updated rooms and what we had recieved was Horrible. The furniture was in terribly used and battered condition. and while the room appeared clean, it appeared as if they wipe things down but dont get into the corners or around the windows because of the guck buildup. the room may have been painted recently it was but very poorly done. We did not ask for a room change, we just chose to go out and explore the Marina area and came back late and left early the next day. Again while on the outside this resort looks great and so does the lobby. the room we were given was Horrible.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they got it for about $50 a night.