See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2016

I did not stay at this hotel, but did have three hitting sessions with the tennis pro, Luis Rey. If you are looking for a great work out and a great way to improve your strokes, this is it!!! Luis keeps you entirely engaged and working for the whole session.

I love to run and have a good cardio challenge and this was perfect. I did the hit sessions with a friend and I could barely catch my breath after my 20 hit repetitions were done and my friend was on the hot seat, before it was my turn again. We worked on groundstrokes, swinging volleys, volleys, overheads, service returns.

The price Luis charges is minimal and is such good value that I can't recommend him highly enough.

The reason I rated this as a 4 out of 5 is because the courts at Margaritas are a little worse for wear (to say the least!), but for the purpose of running hitting drills, it serves the purpose just fine.

Definitely a great way to work off those extra margaritas/enchiladas from the night before!!!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is geared more toward nationals than international tourists. Thus, the staff didn't speak any English. The amenities are not necessarily what you might be used to in the US--our first day we didn't have any shampoo/soap in the bathroom, and our second day we didn't get any towels (this was remedied upon our request). The water is not potable. As others have said, the beds were a bit hard. The internet is not free.

That said, it was a decent and very affordable place to stay in Mazatlán. We felt safe. The kids loved the pool. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ktjtgr8912
Reviewed April 6, 2011

stayed for a week, the place was very clean and comfortable. the pool was great. The hotel is centrally located which was great for getting around. Most of all the tennis was great. the tennis pro gave lessons very inexpensive and he was very knowledgable. I will stay there again next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank franciscofrancisco
Reviewed August 5, 2010

i would not recommend this hotel at all, i was in room #302 on the first day i asked to change the room because on the back off the hotel (just on the other side of the room were the aircondtioner) for the hotel but they never transfer me to a nother room. Than i had a nice mold growing in the bathroom. There is no internet at all, there is no restaurante in the hotel,the hotel is not at the beach, the pool in the hotel is allways full off native kids and grandmas from the area not from the hotel ( the best thing was the kids where to lasy to go to the bathroom so they just use the shower ) and towels you get from time to time not every day. i don`t know for what they get the 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank hans-juergen-fischer
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Margaritas is right in the Golden Zone of Mazatlan. We had easy access to great restaurants, small shops, and the beach across the street. I felt secure throughout my stay, and enjoyed staying in a smaller hotel, which local people recomended.

The pool is quite small, but well kept. We would often just go across the street and use acess to some of the other pools avaliable or jump in the amazing ocean. The whole hotel is very clean, and the maids are friendly and efficient.

The rooms are cool and provide relief from the heat. We found that rooms on the third floor are typically more roomy, than those on the second floor. If you need wheel chair access this might not be the best, as there are only stairs avaliable. Insteed it would be best to stay on the ground level.

We were told that the plumbing is not the same as we are used to in the US or Canada, so to ensure no problems it is best not to flush any paper products down the toliet (incld. toliet paper). Instead put paper in the waste basket, which is emplied daily. We had problems with one of our showers which would spray water all over the bathroom if the pressure was at max. But it wasn't a problem once we figured that out. Don't drink the water from the tap! Instead bottled water is provided outside your room on each floor in a water cooler (remember to bring a water bottle to fill up!) But fill up before the evening, because on busy days the water bottles usually get pretty empty by the end of the day. Bottled water is also provided in the rooms at a cost...but it's pretty expensive, instead just go to the corner store next door and get more for your money!

The beds were quite hard and short. If you're really tall this might be uncomfortable for you. Everything was quite clean though. The rooms were quite a good deal, and the hotel worked well to host larger groups of people, wedding parties, and youth groups at a very affordable cost.

My favorite place to go all week was Gus Gus restaruant and bar just next door to Margaritas Hotel. It had great food, very friendly service, and had live music every night! It was a perk to be so close to it!

Overall, I would return to Margaritas because it is quite a good deal, good location, secure, and clean.

• Stayed: June 2008