“Tell It Only to Your Very Best Friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mazatlan

You added The Inn at Mazatlan to your Saves list
The Inn at Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6291 Avenida Camaron Sabalo | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
Arkansas
“Tell It Only to Your Very Best Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Ahhhh... the Inn at Mazatlan! We were excited to meet up with some of our friends from Arizona for a week of relaxing fun in the sun. We attempted to check in around noon and were informed that our room would not be available until after 4 pm because it had not been cleaned yet. The front desk attendant gave us the key anyway and sent us up so we could put our suitcases in the dirty room. We really didn't care so we went for it. Room 5108 has an incredible view, by the way. I don't recommend the all-inclusive option because it's very difficult to eat and drink $56 per day. Trust me. I eat a lot and drink a lot and found it tough to meet the break even point. Especially with all the happy hours and the weak peso. If you explore Mazatlan at night and want to eat elsewhere then the all-inclusive isn't a very good option. Plus, the timeshare wolves will throw $250 US at you plus a bottle of tequila for subjecting yourself to a 90-minute sales pitch. Just suck it up and do it. I also recommend a massage at the spa. Only about $40 US for a 50-minute session. It's a steal. The main pool is fantastic and the bar/food service out there is second to none. I wanted for nothing! I was impressed that our servers took our lunch order and then set up a table and chairs by our lounges (including tablecloth!) so we could eat like humans. There is Pacifico aplenty and I recommend the bucket of beer, especially during buy-one-get-one-free happy hours from noon-1p.m. and 4-5p.m. The price was right for this resort and you get more than what you pay for. The exercise room is above adequate and the service is fantastic. The food was amazing, too. I never had a bad meal the entire time I ordered off the menu (see attached). My only complaint would be the there aren't enough outlets in the rooms for iPod chargers, hairdryers (bring your own, by the way), the TV and the coffee machine. Oh, and the toilet in our room wasn't prepared for the amount of waste I sent its way. The housekeeper was plunging regularly. All in all, I recommend the Inn at Mazatlan. It's conveniently located to everything in the Golden Zone and it's just a short Pulmenia ride to Old Mazatlan if you're so inclined. If you can withstand the H1N1 virus, it's worth the trip!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lick-A-Pringle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

The Inn at Mazatlan was more than what I expected. It was a fabulous little resort - small enough to assure personal and fabulous attention by all of the resort's staff. The food was amazing and the chef even prepared our fresh catch!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Butte, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I just returned home to cold Montana after spending a week at the Inn. As a guest of an owner, I felt like a guest at a huge family reunion. I have never stayed anywhere that was as accomodating to my needs as the Inn. I was pampered in every conceivable way - all by friendly, hard-working people who felt more like family than hotel staff. I felt the need to hug each waiter, maid, bell man, etc. when leaving - not an usual situation!! The Inn at Mazatlan is on the top of my list of the best places to spend a week!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

This resort has it all right in the center of the Golden Zone and right on the beach. The staff if very accomodating with your needs. You can sit on the wall as the vendors come by or sit by the pool. If you feel like shopping you just walk out of the resort and down the street. Everything is there what you need.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

We have travelled to the Inn for years and it just keeps getting better. The rooms are very nice, possibly not as deluxe as some but this is a smaller resort with extraordinary service from maids to waiters and desk staff. Because it is smaller there is more room around the pool or overlooking the seawall where you can enjoy the large assortment of goods being presented in the Mazatlan tradition by wonderful vendors who work so hard. There is lots to do or as we do, spend quiet time reading and enjoying the wonderful food and people. We will return every year if possible.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank LindaSpokane_WA
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Mazatlan for our first time for 8 days in the beginning of January. We weren't sure what to expect, but our stay turned out to be awesome! We loved the Inn at Mazatlan and didn't want to leave to go back home. It's one of the nicer hotels in the golden zone. The hotel is kept so clean, that's what impressed me the most. The maids were friendly and did a great job of freshening up our room everyday, the pool was clean, the grounds were clean, the restaurant was clean, there were always people cleaning. The staff is so friendly, we got to know the servers at the pool and the front desk workers, we felt like we were leaving our friends when we went home. I do have a couple of suggestions if you are considering staying at the Inn. Make sure you get a unit with a kitchen..we just had a studio with a fridge, so we were forced to eat out every meal. It would have been nice to cook our own meals if we wanted. Also, either bring your own pillows, or buy some at Walmart or Soriana when you get there. The beds and pillows are hard as rocks. All in all, I would stay there again in a heart beat. I think we've found an annual vacation spot!

• Liked — The location and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — The beds
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LuxeHome
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

The Inn was in a GREAT location! It is walking distance from just about everything you need. Had issues figuring out the hot water the first few days. It was very clean and right on the beach. At night they kept things very quite. The staff were wonderful and all spoke pretty good english.

Stayed December 2008