“Amazing staff go above and beyond”

The Inn at Mazatlan
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed December 29, 2013

During our stay, we had a medical emergency. All of the staff were amazing, from the lifeguard to the waiters to the bellmen to the general manager. They went above and beyond to ensure we got the care we needed immediately. The GM waited at the hospital with us for hours.

We have been staying at the Inn for years and will continue for years to come. The Inn is by far the most relaxing and beautiful place we stay in Mexico.

Thank you to all the staff who made our stay exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Ms. Trujillo

Once again we are the grateful ones with you and your family for the kindness of sharing your experience with the trip advisor community, you can be sure that on your next vacation at the Inn our friendly staff will do their best to guarantee a perfect stay.
On behalf of the entire team we look forward to welcome you back on your home away from home the Inn at Mazatlán.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Been coming to the Inn since 1985 and fell in love that first year.The staff make the Inn your home away from home and greet you with "Welcome Home" when you return. Many of the staff have been there over 20 years. The Inn still has some of the old world charm (OK, so the TV doesn't get 1,999 channels but we used to only get 3 or 4 that spoke English) but you have the opportunity to release baby turtles into the ocean to begin a new life on one of the most beautiful beaches you will ever see and you can get the flavor of Mexico without ever leaving the resort if that is your wish. The Inn has one of the best locations in the Golden Zone as it is close to the middle of the resort area and near everything.

Room Tip: End suites in the Aztec building are largest and have two separate living areas/baths.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Sandy B

The service tradition at the Inn is probably our best trademark to all our loyal guests & owners ever since we started operations many years ago, and still being recognized for it´s the best payment any resort could ever get in these days, so thank you for that Sandy, I will make sure to pass your nice comments to the staff and that is definitely the best way to end this year 2013. Remember that paradise awaits for you at the Inn.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

As the other reviewers have said, the staff at Inn at Mazatlan is superb. We have been travelling to Mazatlan for more than 10 years and are timeshare owners at another property there. In December we travelled down to stay with friends at the Inn and went through the timeshare presentation. I can happily report that it was a most pleasant experience going through the presentation with Marta! No high pressure, no unintelligible gibberish and diagrams, just an enjoyable conversation and actually a very reasonable price (but we didn't buy, already owning elsewhere). At the end, I told Marta I would highly recommend her property to anyone else who is actually considering a timeshare in Mazatlan.

They are in a great location in the Golden Zone. The beach is immaculately maintained in front of the property, as is the property itself. The rooms were very nice, all appliances were reasonably new and worked perfectly. The restaurant is fine, and the staff, from the doorman to the cleaning ladies to the counter personnel were all wonderful!

Room Tip: There are newer and older buildings on the property, but all rooms are up to date and very nice. Ob...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Doug A
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear gtcoupe65

It is great to hear that one of our attentive sales team members(Martha) caused such a great impression on your perception of the Inn, there is no doubt that the resort can be very well located & nicely taken care, but definitely our greatest asset is our friendly staff; your comments are deeply appreciated by all of us at The Inn and I will make sure to share this with everyone in the resort & we already look forward to have the pleasure of serving you again on your visit to Mazatlán.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The high points of this place is definitely the customer service. The staff there was very courteous, accommodating and helpful throughout our stay. The layout of the place is not bad. The two pools are heated so even during the cooler season I had no reservations about hopping right in at any time. The location was perfect. It's right along a strip that has all sorts of restaurants, bars, and open air market as well. The big stores weren't too far away either. And the best part was definitely the access to the beach and view there. It is amazing. I will be reminiscing about the sunset on that beach for years to come.

However there were a few minor downsides. The unit we were in was rather banged up a bit (probably from a few to many party animals and squatters taking residence over the years). The door was loose around the frame. The light fixtures loose in a few spots. And lastly the decor was lacking some details in certain places. The pull out bed in the couch was not in good shape at all. I can't imagine how anyone could have slept on it for days. We tried resting on it once and woke up with all sorts of aches and pains. Granted the property is getting a bit old, so perhaps some wear and tear is to be expected to some extent. Then again that's what renovations are for. But overall it was not all that bad. I will certainly look to return in the future

Room Tip: The noise from the street outside the hotel is a bit noisy but when you close the beadroom door it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nate M
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Nate M

We are aware that the most important asset at the Inn is our loyal team & that is really what set us apart from many hotels in Mazatlán, attention to detail is always very important to promote & preserve among us; however it is always necessary to receive all kinds of feedback from our visitors and yours is not an exception so thank you for that, I only wish to have known about all these details during your stay in order to take immediate action instead of going thru with it, but I can assure you that we are already working on correcting and improving our facilities to offer a much better product to our guests & owners. We confident that you will give us the opportunity to host you again on your stay at the Inn.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been going to Mazatlan for years and I can't say enough about the city, the people, the beaches ... everything. I was there for two weeks in November and stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan which is on one of the very best beaches ... in the "Golden Zone" looking out to the Pacific Ocean and the three islands, Wolf, Deer and Bird Island and there is always an abundance of activity. The beach is clean and gentles out so you (and the children) can walk a long distance out, yet still enjoy jumping in or diving under the waves. The sunsets are truly some of the loveliest I have ever seen, they never disappoint. The Inn at Mazatlan is a family-owned resort that has just been handed down to the owner's children to manage and operate. Teresa McFalland is the owner's "right hand person" on site and a lovely, efficient lady she is. I always enjoy a short visit with her and even though she seems to have her hand on anything and everything, she always takes time for a visit and is such a gracious, pleasant lady. The Inn is always upgraded and kept in immaculate condition and this past year the "new managers" added new Serta bedding and 32" LCD TV's. You really feel you are "coming home" as you enter the Inn where the staff are all so pleasant and welcoming. Andrea gave me her usual big hug, expressing how glad she was to see me. The front desk check-in is efficient and convenient. Dago at the Concierge desk was very helpful in arranging a particular tour I was interested in. And what can I say about the camaristas (the maids) ...Norma took care of my room this year. My Spanish is minimal, and some of the housekeeping staff speaking little English, but communication was never a problem. I could look down from my one-bedroom /two bathroom unit (this time on the 8th flr.) and see the lovely landscaped courtyard, two pools and beyond, just steps away, the beach and the ocean. The Inn at Mazatlan has studios, junior suites, one and two bedroom units and they all are very spacious, nicely furnished and all the amenities you could ask for. The 15th running of the Mazatlan Marathon took place while I was there and they ran right in front of the Inn at Mazatlan. Along with many others, I found myself on the street applauding and calling out "Vamos Amigo" "animar" and it was very exciting. The Inn at Mazatlan is so convieniently located that if you want to leave the beach for the day, or a few hours, for 10 pesos you can get the bus that takes you all along the malecon and right down to Old Mazatlan and the revitalized Historic Centre. I could say so much more about Mazatlan, the pleasant, friendly, kind people and also about the Inn at Mazatlan .... but you should go and see for yourself and you too would be writing a glowing review for a beautiful, friendly, welcoming resort that you don't really want to leave. But a good-bye hug from Andrea and I had to head to the airport and begin planning my trip to come back next year!

Room Tip: I personally like a room in the "tower" and above the 7th floor for the best view. Also...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dfroese
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear dfroese:

It is such a pleasure to hear so many nice things about Mazatlán and how beautifully you described your previous visit at the Inn; we are in the constant process of improving our facilities & equipment gradually to deliver a more efficient product to our guests & owners, our management & operational team is always searching for ways to upgrade the guest experience & satisfaction. Teresita, Dago,Norma, Andrea & the rest of our colleagues truly appreciate your kind recognition to their efforts, I will share that with all of them. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next stay at the Inn.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was here for an extended business trip. From the get-go, my stay was top notch. Laura set up my stay through a business contact and everything was ready upon my arrival. Monica ensured everything was up to snuff and went out of her way to make my stay perfect. Rafael, who had greeted me at the door, led me to my room and introduced me to everything I needed to know. Dago, the concierge, approached me in the lobby later in the day, and although I never required his assistance, I would not have hesitated to ask. I had breakfast at Papagayo every morning and, while the food was good, the service was what really made it worthwhile. They got used to seeing me down there every day and always greeted me like a friend. Ignacio, Pedro, Edgar, and Israel were my usual waiters and they went out of their way to make my mornings there great. And while I never met the maids, my room was always in tip-top shape upon arriving every afternoon.

The views are great, the rooms, while not the most modern, are super clean and well-maintained. The kitchenette in the Junior Suites are sufficient for a stay and include plates, glasses, silverware, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit the wonderful city of Mazatlan. I've been to a few cities in Mexico but Mazatlan, by far, has the warmest, sincerest people. I don't think I would have considered coming to Mazatlan if work hadn't brought me here. Boy, what a mistake that would have been. If you have the opportunity, I would certainly consider the Inn at Mazatlan.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher level have great views. I was on a lower floor and the views were nice, but I had...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 585jayr
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Jay R

Knowing stories like yours it gives to our jobs a totally different meaning, since the team work creates a nice balance on the service process; each one of our staff members takes a great pride on their role and we all certainly appreciate that you took the time to nicely describe your recent visit at the Inn; Laura, Mónica, Rafael, Dago, Ignacio, Pedro, Edgar and all the ones that collaborated to deliver a nice stay experience will be notified of this gentile recognition.
Our resort is one of Mazatlan’s pioneers in the hotel business and we have a huge responsibility to have consistency with all our loyal guests & owners; it will be a great pleasure to us hosting you again in the near future.
Wishing you a merry Christmas & a happy new year.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

On the first week of November me my wife and my brother and his wife showed up at the Inn at Mazatlan not knowing what to expect,we were just looking for a break from the every day grind.From the moment our van dropped us of Rafael was there to meet us at the front door and was very profesionel,actually hes awesome.We also meet Diego the concierge who is awesome also.

The Rooms are really nice the beds are very comfortable and the AC is very cold,of corse we were on vacation so we didnt spend much time in the rooms.the grounds of the Inn are very nice and manicured,the pool is very nice and clean and they always made sure that you had something cold to drink it was a great break..thank you to the staff you people did a great we cant wait till we go back next year.thank you very much

Room Tip: stay up high so you can get a great view of the Ocean
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian K
THEINNATMAZATLAN, Director General at The Inn at Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Brian K

We are thrilled to know that our friendly staff did accomplish to provide a great vacation experience to you & your loved ones, as you mention Rafael our bellboy, Dago our Concierge, and the rest of our team shares the passion to create a nice atmosphere for all our guests. The Inn is going through a constant renovation of services & facilities to satisfy the guests expectations & encourage the preference for our beautiful resort.
Thank you for staying with us & we look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Mazatlán.