“A great place for a quick bite or a cold cervesa!”
Review of El Chilito

El Chilito
Ranked #94 of 465 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Their breakfast special (ham and cheese omelet) is consistently good! I also enjoyed (this year) the pork torta, and my DH liked the tacos. We've eaten here at least once each year for the past 4-5 years.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have been by this restaurant many, many times but never stopped in. One morning we went for breakfast and it was just average. We did go back a few days later for lunch and it was much better. Try to agua de horchata it is delicious and only 15 pesos. The pork tacos were also very good and the waiters were amazing.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I walked down from the El Cid complex and dined here on our first night in Maz and the food was fantastic. I had a taco platter and my wife had fajitas and both were fresh, hot, and tasty. Their salsa and chips were very good too with the salsa being similar to a pico de gallo and the chips deep fried and a little thicker than most. I had a Pacifico and my wife just had a bottled water and we were under $15 Canadian with the tip so it was a great value for the money. We never made it back for a breakfast as there are so many great options in Maz but the pictures looked really good on their menu! Definitely a worthwhile place to visit if you're forgoing all-inclusive in Maz (which you should!)

1  Thank Wadie1979
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the El Cid Granada and this little place was just down the block. We didn't do all-inclusive so were looking for a nice little place for breakfast. El Chilito fit the bill! They have a ham and cheese omelette special (with refried beans and chips and salsa of course) for about 5.00 US dollars and the waitstaff is incredibly friendly, knowing many customers by name. It is nothing fancy or extravagant, but it is clean and the food is good!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Down at the end of the block, across the street from Royal Villas is a nice little mexican restaurant. We had walked by it several times and decided to try it when we saw a bunch of people eating breakfast there the other day. It was worth it.
The owner was very friendly and we were waited on by his son who spoke very good english.
We had the machaca and mexican eggs and it ranked in the top machaca dishes we've ever had. We also tried their nachos and they were very good and actually lasted for three meals. We tried the tongue dinner and that was really good also, tender and flavorful. Prices were very reasonable. Definitely, a place to try.