“Bad service, poorly maintained, food sucks”

El Cid El Moro Beach
Ranked #21 of 103 things to do in Mazatlan
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad service, poorly maintained, food sucks”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Te bed was a sack of cement. The blow dryer broken. Toilet ran all night. Door didn't bolt. Nothing repaired after requests were made. The rooms were not cleaned well.

I liked the palapas on the beach but vendors hounded us te entire time.

Visited November 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The tower is outdated but the staff is on point”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

To start, I went with my boyfriend for vacation and we are both from the US. I have been to other parts of Mexico before, but this is my first time in Mazatlan. The resort and the area was very new to me and a bit of a culture shock since, although it is a tourist area, it seems more like a tourist area for locals. Much like the way many people from the US go to Florida for summer vacation when they want to get away, but not go too far. Most people spoke spanish and not much english, including the majority of visitors staying at the resort. It definitely helps to know a little spanish.

PROS
The staff is very friendly and helpful, I loved them! They were ready to help us with whatever we needed and advise us with activities and how to get around. The view from our balcony was amazing and I loved being able to go to sleep with the sound of the ocean as a soundtrack. We had the all inclusive wristbands and I enjoyed trying the different restaurants. We visited the sister resorts like Grenada and the Marina. At Grenada we both got a massage/body scrub at the spa and it was super relaxing and comfortable. From the Marina we took the Deer Island tour and went out on the sea to the islands and did activities like kayaking, banana boat, and volleyball. The beach is wonderful and although the vendors are very persistent they don't cause too much trouble.

CONS
Although the tower is beautiful inside it is an old building. It seemed to hold all of humidity and things in our room would often feel damp including the clothes in our bags. The envelopes inside of our room had even sealed themselves. This triggered my allergies and I was very congested for most of our stay. Opening the windows and keeping the AC off helped a lot. The beds were EXTREMELY hard. Thank goodness for the hot tub because some days I woke up feeling like I'd been sleeping on a rock with damp sheets over me. Finally, most rooms have a door that connects to the next room. For a few days we didn't have any neighbors but once we did, I could hear everything as though the walls were paper thin. I could hear them talking, their cell phone ringing and the tv was so loud it sounded like it was on in our room. I asked if we could change rooms and was accommodated very quickly and easily.

Overall I had a great vacation here. The service and friendliness of the staff really made my stay comfortable and I would recommend Moro Beach to others.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank KatBoomKat
Fort Myers, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“More than we expected!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived for a week vacation in June. I had booked a 2 bedroom and we were shocked at the gorgeous, huge two bedroom we received. We stayed in the Castillo Towers and I would definitely stay again.

Our group didn't take full advantage of the pools or on-site dining (we preferred the beach and eating locally). The beach was right outside the hotel area and meticulously maintained each morning. We always got a hut and lounge chairs and had no problems. The beach vendors do get a bit persistent, but we were always polite and never had any issues.

The hotel staff was receptive and kind. Our night staff was so sweet and turned down our beds and provided us with chocolates and towel-animals. Our room had more than we needed and we were extremely pleased.

We had friends stay in a one bedroom in the El Moro tower - which was also beautiful. The room furniture in El Moro was a little outdated, but we hardly spent any time in any of our rooms, except lounging in the early morning and sleeping.

It's a great location and we enjoyed walking the Golden Zone or taking pulmonias to Veijo Mazatlan.

1 Thank Crystal C
Encinitas, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family friendly resort!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great rooms! Large two bedroom three bath very clean and comfy rooms! Balcony view perfect! Service excellent. On the beach but pool was fantastic. Traveled with kids- 8 and 15. They had a great time too!

1 Thank LisafromEncinitas
Ardmore, Oklahoma
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Peddlers galore!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have been to many Mexican resorts but have never experienced so many people in our faces trying to sell us their wares every 5 minutes. It was very annoying! The beach is very narrow and some days the waves were so high they reached all the way to the cabanas.