I bought the vacation package for my 3 year old daughter and I less than 24 hours before we had to leave. It was very spontaneous which created a significant amount of excitement and apprehension.
Upon arrival at the Granada, my name was not on the reservation list. I blame this on the short notice of our arrival. The front desk staff were very accommodating and had us in a room within 20 minutes.
Our room was very large and clean with a kitchenette. Our housekeeping service was excellent. My daughter loved coming home to a chocolate on her pillow every night. She had an accident during an afternoon nap and since the Granada housekeeping staff were done for the day, they sent someone from the Castilla to change the bedding which was very much appreciated.
We spent most of our time over at the Castilla. It's a very nice short stroll over the walkway. My daughter preferred the pool over the ocean but, I managed to convince her to go down to the beach at least once a day. It's absolutely beautiful but, the peddlers do tend to ruin it. Especially being by myself, it's essential that I can sit on the beach and watch my daughter in the water and not be distracted by someone trying to sell me stuff.
The pool and bar staff were great. My daughter has claimed Carlos (one of the lifeguards) as her boyfriend. His patience with her was Saint-like. He was really great with her in and out of the pool. He even gave her her very own whistle. She used it to compete in whistle contests across the pool with the other lifeguards.
We had breakfast at El Patio once. It is very nice but, not a great atmosphere for my daughter. The rest of our time, we had breakfast and dinner at La Pergola. The coffee and omelettes were always very good. If I had been on my own, I would have liked to try some of the other restaurants but, I found that La Pergola was better for my daughter as it kept her busy. The food selection and quality was very good. Our first night there, we had Ricardo as our server. He was excellent! My daughter loved him so much, we had him as our server every night. Often, we would sit down and he would bring us our usual drinks without even asking. He was very attentive and I appreciated him catching my daughter as she leaped out of her chair into his arms and occasionally chasing after her. The shows were entertaining and very well done. They had my girl clapping and dancing every night. We also had lunch every day overlooking the water. Gorgeous!
I always felt very safe and knew that if I needed anything, all I had to do was ask. All the staff were very friendly and always had a smile and a pat on the head for my girl.
If I had any complaints, it would be this: When I ordered breakfast at El Patio, we were served only one plate. I gave it to my daughter while they corrected the situation and quickly prepared another plate for myself. Also, the door to our room did not close completely. There was a small gap that made it seem less sturdy than it should be. Other than that, everything was awesome!
A huge thank you to all the staff. They made a week with a toddler very tolerable. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I plan to do so within the next year. My girl and I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel