My boyfriend and I recently went on a trip with some friends to Mazatlan. We stayed at the El Cid Granada while our friends stayed at the El Cid Castilla. It's just across the skywalk... a 2 minute walk and it's definitely worth it to stay in the Granada! Great service, nice and quiet (it's an older crowd that tends to stay there). The pool is small but it's quiet. The fantastic thing about staying at El Cid is that you can use all the amenities throughout the resort. If you stay at the Granada, you can still go to the Castilla pool or lunch buffet. It's definitely worth it to spend less money to stay at the Granada and just take a 2 minute walk over to the pool.
The rooms in the Castilla are more "modern" but there's a super nice retro feel to the rooms in the Granada. If you're planning on staying in your room for your whole trip, then yes. Spend the extra money to get a big functional room. In all honesty, my boyfriend and I spent WAY less money than our friends did and we managed to do more activities and had way more fun than they did.
The service is great over there! If you are going to eat at La Pergola (or near the beach buffet), be sure to watch out for Adrian! He's the best server that we had the entire time we were there. And he remembers everyone! Super friendly, prompt service, huge smile and loves to joke around. The service at El Cid was phenomenal. Everyone greets you with a smile and is willing to bend over backwards for you. Be sure to bring A LOT of smaller bills/pesos for tipping! These people deserved to be tipped very well!
There's tons of activities to do at the resort and near the resort. We did para sailing, horseback riding and snorkeling. All of them were a blast! (Didn't see much snorkeling but oh well!!) Senor Frogs is right beside the resort and I DEFINITELY recommend going there. Such a blast! If you like nightlife, there are a lot of clubs down the street that will only cost you about 5-7 pesos for a taxi.
My only complaint about the El Cid resorts is that the beach is kinda small. It's not very wide... but it's super long. The peddlers on the beach can get super annoying (And that has NOTHING to do with El Cid - they can't control that!) so for that reason we didn't spend much time on the beach.
For the a la carte restaurants, I HIGHLY recommend the Alcazar. It's an Italian Restaurant... best caesar salad you will ever have!! The food is fantastic and the service is amazing!
If you see any reviews where people complained about the rooms being dirty or the service being bad... that's the kind of people that expect 5 star service at all times. If you want 5 star service with 5 star rooms, STAY IN A 5 STAR HOTEL! If you're going on vacation to RELAX and have fun, definitely stay at the El Cid Resorts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel