Of the three hotels at the main El Cid location in Mazatlan, I still like the Granada Hotel and Country Club more than Castilla or El Moro. The atmosphere is much more laid back and the employees are just different than the norm. They really care that their guests are happy and treated well. The grounds are beautifully kept, the pool is heated, the rooms are a little dated but very comfortable and clean, and the staff continues (year after year) to be smiling and courteous. I'm sure much of this is due to Daniel (the Manager) who has been with Granada for several years. When you see the same staff, year-after-year, this is a testament to a well-managed property.
This year I stayed at Granada for a week by myself and I didn't, even for a moment, feel anxious about being alone. Friends joined me for an additional three weeks and we had a wonderful time. I definitely plan to go back to Granada in 2014.
An additional benefit on the Granada side of the complex is the Restaurante Italiano. They are open for lunch and dinner. Although it is not owned by El Cid, it gives discounts to the El Cid Vacation Club members. I think it's one of the best restaurants in town and has a very authentic menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel