El Cid Granada Country Club
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$196
$95
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$65
$53
$101
  • Pool
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$115
$65
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$125
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$145
$141
Hotels.com
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$87
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$166
Bookit.com
  • Beachfront
$918
  • Pool
All reviewspatio restaurantargentine restaurantheated poolactivities directorsmall kitchenettean older crowdsushi bara la carte restaurantstennis courtsbit datedno graciasmake reservationsgreat tripla pergolaresort staffspent weeksall inclusive vacation
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at El Cid Granada. The place was very clean and the service was great. The food at El Patio was also very good. My favorite waiter, Julian, was always on top of everything. He knew the menu and made some great suggestions.
The pool was warm and sheltered from the ocean breeze in the afternoon.
The rooms are dated and the beds are firm and very clean.

I was most impressed to see the GM , Sr. Sanchez, was always walking around making sure things were going smoothly.

The cleaning people did a great job of setting up and taking down props for the two entertainment nights and the shows were very good. They work very hard to put on a good performance.

I had a great time and the resort staff was terrific,but next time I will spend a few dollars more and stay at a place with fewer Canadians.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mikewolter
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear: mikewolter

Thank you for taking the time to write your review it is very important to hear from everyone’s prospective due to the fact that this is an essentially process in helping us become the best we can be. El Patio is our most requested restaurant and I’m glad you had the opportunity to try it, maybe in a future visit you are able to try our other al Carts we have to offer.

I will definitely notify my staff on their great labor I am sure they will be pleased to hear about them . I appreciate your recognition on you lovely comment about my service. I always try to walk

Around the areas to get involved in everything my staff does so I can also have a better look on further changes in which can better our hotels. Nothing brings me more joy than to hear about how our guest had a great stay and were able to make them memorable. It is unfortunate that there is a possibility you might not be back with us but I really hope you do change your mind and if you plan any future visits if you would let me know I would be more than happy to assist you in any way I can and assure you have yet another great vacation.

My best,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My first time to Mexico. First time going all inclusive. Won't go any where again without going all inclusive. It is the way to holiday, you don't worry about nothing. Went with friends that had been there the previous year and ask us to join them. It was a great place. The staff were friendly and eager to help in any way. The hotel were we stayed, was the older part of the resort, but very satisfactory. It was very clean, the food was great, and again the staff was wonderful. The pool was really warm and one of the three you could use. It was the quieter one which was nice when wanting that atmosphere. There were activities everyday to join in if so desired at all the pools. The swim up bar was awesome. We met a lot of nice people there and the waiters and bar tenders were sooooo!!!! nice.
The skywalk connected you to the other hotels which you had access to as well. The lobby bar was a great hangout. Watch football and hockey there some what. Was nice to get the superbowl game. The staff again were wonderful. Will go back again, for sure.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and a balcony. The room was huge and very clean. We were on the third floor, so good exercise as well.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tmorley94
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear:tmorley94

Thank you for the fabulous review of our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate it when our guest takes time out of their busy day to share with us and our future guests the great experiences here at El Cid.

From your report we gather that you enjoyed your stay and were very satisfied with the activities, warm pools, the food & beverages and the hotel location.

Our management team spends many hours reviewing our valued customer comments and action plans are created to make sure we correct any deficiencies that you may have experienced. I hope that your travels bring you back to the Mazatlan area in the near future and thank you for choosing El Cid.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Older, but well kept up. Very clean and comfortable. The pool is beautiful, the water warm. This hotel is across the street from the beach, but there is a sky walk over the street. The staff was very friendly and helpful. El CID Granada is a quieter hotel.ideal for a retired couple like us

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear: SallyBill1

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review and letting us know what great of a stay you had. I am glad everything was
At your satisfaction from the food, Mazatlan scenery to our great customer service and we look forward in assisting you again.

Best regards!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the El Cid Granada for 2 weeks followed by another 2 weeks at the El Cid Castilla from January 8 to February 5 ,2013.as a single occupant,

Initially I wasn't too impressed with the accommodations at the Granada. When I first arrived I was disgusted with the mold and mildew in the washroom.The shower mat was covered with black spots ,I mentioned it to a member of the cleaning staff, and within minutes she brought me a brand new floor mat. I gave her 50 Pesos and she was my best friend for the duration. Apparently the rooms were being renovated and I happened to get one of ones that wasn't. I mentioned it to someone who was staying at this resort and I was surprised when they showed me their renovated room. It was very clean and modern.
When you check in,make sure there is no door to an adjoining room.These doors are not very sound proof. When I hear someone else snoring, I find it soothing, but others may not.
The Granada is a very quaint and quiet place with a pleasant Mexican flavour. I had a room on the second of three floors. It had balcony on one end and on the entrance end, a walkway overlooking an enclosure with a pool ,stage and restaurant. The Patio restaurant was convenient for the a la cart breakfast. The waiter gave me a bill for the meal, but since I was "All Inclusive", it was merely for accounting purposes.

I spent most of my time at El Cid's sister resort, the Castilla,across the street. It is conveniently connected by a covered overpass.All the facilities are included with both resorts.
Staying at the Castilla is slightly more expensive than the Granada, ($100 more for a 14 day all inclusive package). The rooms are fantastic,very modern with a huge bed; although I could do without all those pillows. The only problem was at night, with the outdoor lighting over the pool. I like to sleep in the dark and the windows lacked heavy drapes.
Connected to the Castilla by the pool or an indoor shopping mall is another EL Cid hotel called El Moro.Or you can take a free shuttle to the El Cid Marina resort.It's quite the empire.
If anyone complained about the food, because their was no variety, i had to wonder how they could ever prepare such extensive and tasty meals at home. They had pasta, chicken, pork, beef,fish, lobster,shrimp,even turkey,,prepared in a different ways with each dinner menu.If you want vegetarian, there were more than 10 different fresh and cooked vegetables.And fresh fruits..wow..some I had never heard of. My favourite meal of the day is breakfast, with fruits yogurt, refried beans,bacon,hash browns and an omelette made to my request with cactus no less...mmmmm.. No variety? You've got to be kidding.

As for entertainment, it was very professional.These kids put on 6 shows per week,,so athletic, all gymnasts I'm sure. I saw their shows at least 3 times. On Sundays they had the night off but they did the usual "humiliate the guests night",,always funny.
For the kids,they had organized water events and for the tots,there were supervised art classes.
Of course they had tours,not too expensive, but i preferred taking the local bus, for 8 pesos to
visit the downtown shops, theater and historic sites.

Being there for a month, laundry at the hotel can be fairly expensive at 25 pesos for one pair of underwear. A Lavenderia, within walking distance, will do it for 20 pesos/kilo...that's alota underwear.

The internet service was pretty good at 300 pesos/week for WIFI and if you want to use their computer they have about 10 computers in the business section of the resort..It costs 2 pesos/minute.,A bit pricey but most of the time the attendant would let you off with a wink and a smile..

The weather was a bit chilly the first week and the locals were wearing heavy parkas,scarves and gloves while while us Canadian gringos bravely wore shorts. Back home it was -30 C, so i wasn't complaining.

I really enjoyed my stay.The staff were extremely friendly. Although I try not to go to the same place twice, I might make an exception in this case.

Room Tip: At the Granada,make sure you have a recently renovated room and that there is no door to an adjoining room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Dennis M
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear: Danielle R

How wonderful to receive such a kind review and it is with great pride that we have read your wonderful comments and feedback.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Guests' reviews are very important to us: they help us to understand guests' needs. We learn where our services are appropriate and appreciated, and also where we can make improvements.

From the various people worldwide who have visited us, we have heard nothing but rave reviews on the delicious food, varied buffets, comfortable rooms, gracious hosts, hospitable staff, and excellent service.

It is always gratifying to know that we have been able to please our guests and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Granada during your future stays in Mazatlan.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the El Cid Granada for 2 weeks.

Rooms: the shuttle from the airport was quick. Check in was SUPER easy and we had fresh drink brought to us. Our room had 2 double beds, a kitchenette, a nice sized patio and was on the 3rd floor just up from the lobby. There was a bit of noise but nothing unusual - this is a hotel...the location was very convenient to the Granada El Patio restaurant & pool as well as the walk way over to the Castille/Moro. The room was clean - nice linens and towels. Our room was "updated" which means that the lighting and furnishings are new. However, the bathroom is still 70's style. Tipping the maid gave us some cool towel animals and kleenex flowers...

Restaurants: Had breakfast every morning at the buffet at the Castille. You can also have breakfast at the El Patio or at the Moro but this is a menu and for breakfast that did not suit us. For lunch we tried out the El Patio which was nice, quiet with a small menu, the buffet at the Castille which was always busy but on the ocean and we also went to the mexican restaurant at the Moro which was a nice change - indoors, airconditioned, menu. For supper we found the Mexican restaurant (moro) to be very good, the El Patio (granada) excellent, Sushi (granada) quiet & good, Italien (castille) okay, Buffet (castille) okay. Servers were super - especailly when they know you are a good tipper!

Ammenities - the pool at the Moro was the best for kids with the slide and rock jumping, the pool at the castille was quiet but we never swam there, the pool at the granada was great for windy days as it is very protected and warm. The ocean was nice and swimmable for all ages! We did not try the spa. The shows at night were not kid friendly until the last 10 minutes when the kids were invited on stage to dance - they LOVED that...but the actual shows (except broadway and kids show) were a little too adult! The bar in the castille was also GREAT in the evenings for sports, a bit of flash mob dancing and good drinks.

Overall, for the price, this was a GREAT hotel. We did go out of the hotel to do siteseeing and to a few other restaurants. Would definitely recommend this to the budget traveller. If you want 5 star accomodations - do not stay here.

Note: We also did the time share presentation. We had never done one before and even though we did not buy into it, it was very imformative and was interesting and actually a good idea. We were glad that we looked into it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank djlbtravel
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear: djlbtravel
First of all dear guest, thanks for contribution and lovely post! I am delighted to read that you have experienced your stay as "excellent". Positive comments are a real motivation for our staff. It is an extra push to go that extra mile day after day…they will surely keep up the good work!

Thank you for also complimenting our great location, nice rooms and food. The food and service are quality controlled daily. We appreciate your trust and that is why we pay attention. to small details and try to offer more than our competitors. Your notes on other El Cid Resorts: Castilla, Moro and Granada will no doubt prove valuable to other visitors too.
Thank you for your confidence and for recommending us. Please come back and visit us again.

Kind regards,