$65
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Beachfront
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$92
Bookit.com
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$188
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Pool
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$64
$61
$448
  • Beachfront
$622
  • Pool
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsheated poolactivities directorsushi restaurantsmall kitchenettesteam rooman older crowda la carte restaurantsbit datedtennis courtsno graciasmake reservationsla pergolaresort staffspent weeksmain buffetall inclusive vacationother resorts
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Granada from Jan 25 – Feb 1st with our 7 year old daughter. When we initially arrived to the front desk, they were quick to check us in and gave us all of our information. The room and the hotel was a bit dated, but we knew that when we booked. We could’ve paid more to stay at the Castilla or El Moro, but we figured that we wouldn’t be in our room much anyway!

Everything in the room worked, the beds were actually quite comfy, and were cleaned every day that we wanted them to be. We had a long counter in our room which was in front of the kitchenette - a fridge, stovetop & sink - and the counter was great for our daughter to be able to colour & do a bit of homework.

Staying on the Granada side, most everything in terms of bars and food are on the Castilla/El Moro side, but they are all connected by a walkway. However, saying that, we really enjoyed having breakfast at El Patio on the Granada side. You can order what you want, it’s fresh, and the restaurant is quiet, not like eating at a buffet! And…you may have a few iguanas to look at while you’re eating – it was great!

We did go out to a couple different restaurants in town, which was great to have a bit of a variety, and it's nice that everything is very accessible from the hotel.

We spent most days at the pools at Castilla and El Moro and there were always waiters to bring you drinks right to your chair. The pools were heated (we’ve been to Cuba the last couple years…so it was a nice change!).

We did go downtown Mazatlan to the market on the Monday we were there…and let me tell you – that is an experience, especially when making sure your 7 year old is still with you! They were quite aggressive, and it was very busy! Apparently Monday is when the locals also go downtown to get their groceries for the week. I would maybe recommend going not on a Monday! The next day, we found the nice markets just down the road from the hotel just past Costa de Oro…much calmer!

All in all, it was a great trip and if you book at El Cid Granada, you will not be disappointed with the service! Enjoy! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BCSunseeker76
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear: BCSunseeker76

I want to express my thanks in your recent review, this is very grateful for me and my team to know that you expend a 7 wonderful day with your daughter.
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed our restaurants, the rooms, and the other 2 hotels;

I’m so proud to offer a great service in each one of them.
A quality guest centered service is one of our core values (best practices) and we strive to achieve this by our excellent quality service, a friendly staff and a very responsive management team. Our hope is that this guest response has lulled the agitated minds of potential vacationers to El Cid El Granada and will make it easier to choose the hotel as their vacation destination while on Mazatlan.

Please let us know the next time you’re coming to the sunniest city in Mexico so we can take good care of you at our hotel, hopefully, for a longer stay.

Cordially,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I spent four weeks at the gracious, spacious Granada being hosted by Daniel and his team.
The rooms are large, airy, with lots of light...clean linens every day. The pool with it's Roman statues and aqueduct structures work even when the weather was a little chilly. The El Patio restaurant right on the premisis have friendly bi linqual waiters always glad to see us.
The activities director, Christian, taught a one hour class in Spanish every day customized to the two or three of us in the class. We played Mexican lotteria and drilled each other on days of the week and months of the year.
Everyone is very welcoming and friendy.

Room Tip: In back if you are afraid of noise. Near front for convenience
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MZT-traveler
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear: MZT-travel

We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with your husband during 4 wonderful weeks, thank you for let us know you found the hotel in general good and friendly staff, etc. We pride ourselves on creating the utmost outstanding warm, comforting stay for each and every guest. I'm so pleased to see so many people enjoying our home and so pleased you have good memories to carry with you!!

I will make sure that your experience is shared with all of the hotel staff. I forwarded your comment to Daniel and staff, Christian from activities department, who will then mention it in their departmental meetings.

Should your travel bring you back to Mazatlan we hope that El Cid El Granada Hotel is your first choice as it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again for another seamless stay.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wrote a review in February (2012) when I returned from El Cid, but I'm getting ready to travel again and, in checking reviews, see that mine is not there. Such a shame, considering I provided a wealth of invaluable information! ;)
I won't write a novel again, but let me just say... GRANADA RULES.
Many people are saying it's 'old and rooms are out of date' but still awesome. They're right, but the old rooms aren't a bad thing- they're a beautiful thing. They're colorful and charming and lovely. The whole hotel atmosphere is much more lovely than the Castilla tower across the street. It's a low building with open-air hallways and plants/water features throughout. It's beautiful. The best part for us was that the pool was sheltered from the wind (NOT warm in February- at least not last year. When we arrived it was only 9 degrees celcius!) and not busy. There were always enough chairs for the 3 of us. There were a few families hanging around, but mostly adults. A lot of seniors, actually, but seniors with personality! We had great conversatons with many great people! As well, as everyone else has said, Christian- the activities director- is AWESOME. RIFAS (Bingo) was a blast (I won twice- woohoo!) and there were other fun things to do as well. One night they projected a movie (Mr Poppers Penguins) onto the wall and provided popcorn to eat while you layed on the loungers watching the film. Awesome! It's a short, easy jaunt across the street to the other restaurants, also. The main buffet wasn't great, but fine. The outdoor lunch buffet was great. There's also an italian restaurant at the base of the Granada side (unaffiliated) which was fantastic! Plus, you're right on the main drag, so you're a stone's throw to everything. (We used the gym a lot as well- totally sufficient, never too busy, nice to have!) Senior Frogs is right there too- that's cool. Ice cream shops, and all the 'american' conveniences (McDonalds, Starbucks, Wendy's- all that). We walked to the Mega (basically a Superstore) down by the Malecon- about a half hour walk. Btw- the Malecon sucks in Mazatlan- there was literally nothing on it. that was disappointing. Regardless, we had a great time. I should mention- we booked Granada but they upgraded us to Castilla, where we spent one night. BAD experience. Nothing in the room seemed to work (tv, lights, etc), was SO noisy (above the pool and buffet) and was really nothing special at all. We went back to Granada the next day and because we'd paid for the upgrade, they gave us a suite, which was huge and lovely. Our 12 year old daughter had her own room and bathroom/balcony attached to ours, which also had a kitchen. So, I did write a novel again, it seems. Let me just say- go there! Unless you're a total food snob (in which case you'll be disappointed at pretty much any all-inclusive you go to) you can't be disappointed! Let me just say, though, that February was not ideal. It was expensive when we went (3rd week?) because it was a national festival for them, and the weather wasn't great- low to mid 20s, and we were told by locals that's typical for that time of year. Ok- I think that's it! Just go!

Room Tip: Stay in the Granada side if you're looking for a quieter, low-key vacation, and if you have no major mobility issues.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Danielle R
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Granada Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear: Danielle R

How wonderful to receive such a kind review and it is with great pride that we have read your wonderful comments and feedback.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Guests' reviews are very important to us: they help us to understand guests' needs. We learn where our services are appropriate and appreciated, and also where we can make improvements.

From the various people worldwide who have visited us, we have heard nothing but rave reviews on the delicious food, varied buffets, comfortable rooms, gracious hosts, hospitable staff, and excellent service.

It is always gratifying to know that we have been able to please our guests and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Granada during your future stays in Mazatlan.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just returned from El Cid Granada and we had a pretty nice holiday. This hotel is an older bldg. so if you can afford the upgrade to the El Cid Castilla or El Moro do so! , it's quite noisy at nite because of the bar across the street " Senor Frogs" and people yelling most of the night , the A/C units don't work too good, showers that scald you when anybody flushes the toilet, dirty corners in bathrooms, lame burners in kitchen. The food at the restaurants is excellent except for some dishes ( the pizza and the tortalline in the italian are awful , the beef is tough everywhere) , the buffets are pretty good with lots of selection. The beds are firm and feel newer so bring a memory foam if you like soft. I personally liked them and the linens they use! The staff are very friendly and address you as you meet them (very nice) . Staff that exceeded expectations were the following; Jonathan and Julian at the El Patio ,Ricardo at the buffet, Jorge and Felix at the pool bar, Felix at La cascada , Ramero and the cute short guy (forgot his name) at the sushi bar, and Ivan at the lobby bar. The house wine is very good as well . The weather wasn't great ( cloudy and windy) but that is not the norm for Mazatlan so all in all a pretty good holiday!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annedSaskatoon_Sask_
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm returning to the El Cid Granada Hotel in Mazatlan in February 2013. For me, this is the most convenient of all the El Cid properties. I love the fact that the rooms are only a few steps away from the heated pool. But the most important part of staying at El Cid Granada is the absolutely wonderful staff. They are always courteous, extremely knowledgeable about interesting things to do in Mazatlan, and always ready with suggestions for a relaxing stay. Why would I stay anywhere else? NE

Room Tip: A room close to the pool is really convenient if you are traveling with small children - or in my case, small grandchildren.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family